'Ultimate Spider-Man' Writer Denies Involvement in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Brian Bendis has dismissed speculation regarding him consulting on the next "Spider-Man" film. The writer of "Ultimate Spider-Man" has, through his Twitter, posted a link which is directed to a statement mentioning that he is not hired to write the untitled Spider-Man reboot.
"i see quite a few web sites completely making stuff up that i never said or hinted at. i did not say i was now the writer of the movie. the movie has a writer and a damn good one," he wrote on Friday, February 19. "all i said was i had an interesting morning over there in spidey land. and i did!!"
"speculation is all fun and good, rumor? sure, but there's a difference between that and completely making stuff up. on a slow nerd news day, i could almost understand it, but you had all this weird dc news to make stuff up about."
A day earlier, Bendis sparked rumor that he lends his brain for the script of "Spider-Man" reboot after announcing that he had a meeting with the film's team. "Just spent a very interesting morning at Sony with the entire spidey movie team!! Very very cool stuff!!" so he tweeted back on Thursday, February 18.
Sony Pictures announced their plan to make "Spider-Man" reboot in January after they scrapped "Spider-Man 4". The new project that will focus on Peter Parker's roots is produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin.
Later, the studio pointed Marc Webb to serve behind the camera for the movie, which is planned to take principal photography in late this year. This remake film will be made in 3-D and gets July 3, 2012 release date in the U.S.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell