'Ultimate Spider-Man' Writer Denies Involvement in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Brian Bendis has dismissed speculation regarding him consulting on the next "Spider-Man" film. The writer of "Ultimate Spider-Man" has, through his Twitter, posted a link which is directed to a statement mentioning that he is not hired to write the untitled Spider-Man reboot.
"i see quite a few web sites completely making stuff up that i never said or hinted at. i did not say i was now the writer of the movie. the movie has a writer and a damn good one," he wrote on Friday, February 19. "all i said was i had an interesting morning over there in spidey land. and i did!!"
"speculation is all fun and good, rumor? sure, but there's a difference between that and completely making stuff up. on a slow nerd news day, i could almost understand it, but you had all this weird dc news to make stuff up about."
A day earlier, Bendis sparked rumor that he lends his brain for the script of "Spider-Man" reboot after announcing that he had a meeting with the film's team. "Just spent a very interesting morning at Sony with the entire spidey movie team!! Very very cool stuff!!" so he tweeted back on Thursday, February 18.
Sony Pictures announced their plan to make "Spider-Man" reboot in January after they scrapped "Spider-Man 4". The new project that will focus on Peter Parker's roots is produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin.
Later, the studio pointed Marc Webb to serve behind the camera for the movie, which is planned to take principal photography in late this year. This remake film will be made in 3-D and gets July 3, 2012 release date in the U.S.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies