Sean Penn May Face 18 Months of Jail for Assaulting Photographer
Sean Penn is in great trouble for he faces up to 18 months in jail if convicted of battery and vandalism. Los Angeles City Attorney confirmed on Friday, February 19 that the Oscar-winning actor is being charged with two misdemeanors for his altercation with a paparazzo last fall.
Captured by camera, Penn lashed out at the shutterbug identified as Jordan Dawes, on a residential street in Brentwood, California in October 2009. He approached the photographer quickly and yelled "Get out! Get the f**k out!" while trying to kick him repeatedly. Dawes, who was not the only paparazzo on the street, got his camera broken during the incident.
Dawes then filed a police report, claiming Penn has assaulted him. The footage capturing the incident was handed to the authority. "After reviewing the videotape, city attorneys decided to file charges," City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said. He added, "We're alleging that in the scuffle a photographer's camera was damaged and he was battered."
An arraignment is set for March 22 but Sean Penn's representative has not made any comment yet.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3