Sean Penn May Face 18 Months of Jail for Assaulting Photographer
Sean Penn is in great trouble for he faces up to 18 months in jail if convicted of battery and vandalism. Los Angeles City Attorney confirmed on Friday, February 19 that the Oscar-winning actor is being charged with two misdemeanors for his altercation with a paparazzo last fall.
Captured by camera, Penn lashed out at the shutterbug identified as Jordan Dawes, on a residential street in Brentwood, California in October 2009. He approached the photographer quickly and yelled "Get out! Get the f**k out!" while trying to kick him repeatedly. Dawes, who was not the only paparazzo on the street, got his camera broken during the incident.
Dawes then filed a police report, claiming Penn has assaulted him. The footage capturing the incident was handed to the authority. "After reviewing the videotape, city attorneys decided to file charges," City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said. He added, "We're alleging that in the scuffle a photographer's camera was damaged and he was battered."
An arraignment is set for March 22 but Sean Penn's representative has not made any comment yet.
More Sean Penn News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp