Vampire Weekend's 'Giving Up the Gun' Video Feat. Joe Jonas
Vampire Weekend have debuted an official music video in support of their latest single "Giving Up the Gun". It follows Joe Jonas and Jake Gyllenhaal as they are beaten by a young lady during a "rigorous" tennis match.
In addition to the middle of the Jonas Brothers and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" actor, there are also other cameos from rapper Lil Jon and Wu-Tang Clan's RZA. The video is directed by Emmett Malloy with its concept coming from frontman Erza Koenig.
"I was pretty surprised it all worked out," he told Spinner. "We always thought RZA would be perfect. We'd been in touch with Lil Jon since the first album. He heard the reference on 'Oxford Comma' and sent us some cases of Crunk Juice. Joe Jonas and Jake Gyllenhaal were both excellent -- lot of improvisation and some surprisingly powerful serves."
"Giving Up the Gun" is a song about turning to "aggression and selfishness." It comes from Vampire Weekend's second studio album "Contra" which has arrived in the U.S. stores since January.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group