Vampire Weekend's 'Giving Up the Gun' Video Feat. Joe Jonas
Vampire Weekend have debuted an official music video in support of their latest single "Giving Up the Gun". It follows Joe Jonas and Jake Gyllenhaal as they are beaten by a young lady during a "rigorous" tennis match.
In addition to the middle of the Jonas Brothers and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" actor, there are also other cameos from rapper Lil Jon and Wu-Tang Clan's RZA. The video is directed by Emmett Malloy with its concept coming from frontman Erza Koenig.
"I was pretty surprised it all worked out," he told Spinner. "We always thought RZA would be perfect. We'd been in touch with Lil Jon since the first album. He heard the reference on 'Oxford Comma' and sent us some cases of Crunk Juice. Joe Jonas and Jake Gyllenhaal were both excellent -- lot of improvisation and some surprisingly powerful serves."
"Giving Up the Gun" is a song about turning to "aggression and selfishness." It comes from Vampire Weekend's second studio album "Contra" which has arrived in the U.S. stores since January.
Vampire Weekend's "Giving Up the Gun" music video
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle