Walt Disney Pictures to Go Back to High School With 'Prom'
Walt Disney Pictures is developing another high school film, Variety reported. After successfully bringing "High School Musical" franchise to big screen with "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", the studio now plans another movie titled "Prom" which will highlight on students.
Though it is said to have similar tone to the Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens-starring teen comedy, the upcoming film will not be musical. Instead, it will center its story on a group of teens prepping for the big dance. For the acting talents, the Mouse House will likely cast completely unknown actors to star as the nine lead roles.
Joe Nussbaum who has numerous experiences working with young stars, such as Amanda Bynes in "Sydney White", is slated to helm "Prom" with the script provided by Katie Wech. Meanwhile, serving as producers for the comedy will be Ted Griffin and Justin Springer.
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films