Walt Disney Pictures to Go Back to High School With 'Prom'
Walt Disney Pictures is developing another high school film, Variety reported. After successfully bringing "High School Musical" franchise to big screen with "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", the studio now plans another movie titled "Prom" which will highlight on students.
Though it is said to have similar tone to the Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens-starring teen comedy, the upcoming film will not be musical. Instead, it will center its story on a group of teens prepping for the big dance. For the acting talents, the Mouse House will likely cast completely unknown actors to star as the nine lead roles.
Joe Nussbaum who has numerous experiences working with young stars, such as Amanda Bynes in "Sydney White", is slated to helm "Prom" with the script provided by Katie Wech. Meanwhile, serving as producers for the comedy will be Ted Griffin and Justin Springer.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle