Walt Disney Pictures to Go Back to High School With 'Prom'
Walt Disney Pictures is developing another high school film, Variety reported. After successfully bringing "High School Musical" franchise to big screen with "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", the studio now plans another movie titled "Prom" which will highlight on students.
Though it is said to have similar tone to the Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens-starring teen comedy, the upcoming film will not be musical. Instead, it will center its story on a group of teens prepping for the big dance. For the acting talents, the Mouse House will likely cast completely unknown actors to star as the nine lead roles.
Joe Nussbaum who has numerous experiences working with young stars, such as Amanda Bynes in "Sydney White", is slated to helm "Prom" with the script provided by Katie Wech. Meanwhile, serving as producers for the comedy will be Ted Griffin and Justin Springer.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World