Walt Disney Pictures to Go Back to High School With 'Prom'
Walt Disney Pictures is developing another high school film, Variety reported. After successfully bringing "High School Musical" franchise to big screen with "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", the studio now plans another movie titled "Prom" which will highlight on students.
Though it is said to have similar tone to the Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens-starring teen comedy, the upcoming film will not be musical. Instead, it will center its story on a group of teens prepping for the big dance. For the acting talents, the Mouse House will likely cast completely unknown actors to star as the nine lead roles.
Joe Nussbaum who has numerous experiences working with young stars, such as Amanda Bynes in "Sydney White", is slated to helm "Prom" with the script provided by Katie Wech. Meanwhile, serving as producers for the comedy will be Ted Griffin and Justin Springer.
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo