Kris Allen to Perform for Haiti on 'American Idol' Result Show
In the wake of devastating earthquake which killed and injured thousands of people in Haiti, Kris Allen is scheduled to fly to the Caribbean country to raise awareness and fund for its relief effort. Later, the "American Idol" season 8 winner will share his experience and perform on the reality singing competition.
For this philanthropic project, "American Idol" is partnering with The United Nations Foundation, one of the Idol Gives Back beneficiaries. Kris' performance will be aired during February 25 result show at 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. ET live/PT tape-delayed, while the Idol Gives Back will broadcast during the Top 7 result show on April 21.
"I'm looking forward to traveling to Haiti to see the UN's work firsthand," he said. "The people of Haiti are rebuilding their country, and the UN is there to help them every step of the way. I look forward to sharing the images and stories from my trip with IDOL viewers across the country."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video