Kris Allen to Perform for Haiti on 'American Idol' Result Show
In the wake of devastating earthquake which killed and injured thousands of people in Haiti, Kris Allen is scheduled to fly to the Caribbean country to raise awareness and fund for its relief effort. Later, the "American Idol" season 8 winner will share his experience and perform on the reality singing competition.
For this philanthropic project, "American Idol" is partnering with The United Nations Foundation, one of the Idol Gives Back beneficiaries. Kris' performance will be aired during February 25 result show at 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. ET live/PT tape-delayed, while the Idol Gives Back will broadcast during the Top 7 result show on April 21.
"I'm looking forward to traveling to Haiti to see the UN's work firsthand," he said. "The people of Haiti are rebuilding their country, and the UN is there to help them every step of the way. I look forward to sharing the images and stories from my trip with IDOL viewers across the country."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified