Kris Allen to Perform for Haiti on 'American Idol' Result Show
In the wake of devastating earthquake which killed and injured thousands of people in Haiti, Kris Allen is scheduled to fly to the Caribbean country to raise awareness and fund for its relief effort. Later, the "American Idol" season 8 winner will share his experience and perform on the reality singing competition.
For this philanthropic project, "American Idol" is partnering with The United Nations Foundation, one of the Idol Gives Back beneficiaries. Kris' performance will be aired during February 25 result show at 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. ET live/PT tape-delayed, while the Idol Gives Back will broadcast during the Top 7 result show on April 21.
"I'm looking forward to traveling to Haiti to see the UN's work firsthand," he said. "The people of Haiti are rebuilding their country, and the UN is there to help them every step of the way. I look forward to sharing the images and stories from my trip with IDOL viewers across the country."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction