Kris Allen to Perform for Haiti on 'American Idol' Result Show
In the wake of devastating earthquake which killed and injured thousands of people in Haiti, Kris Allen is scheduled to fly to the Caribbean country to raise awareness and fund for its relief effort. Later, the "American Idol" season 8 winner will share his experience and perform on the reality singing competition.
For this philanthropic project, "American Idol" is partnering with The United Nations Foundation, one of the Idol Gives Back beneficiaries. Kris' performance will be aired during February 25 result show at 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. ET live/PT tape-delayed, while the Idol Gives Back will broadcast during the Top 7 result show on April 21.
"I'm looking forward to traveling to Haiti to see the UN's work firsthand," he said. "The people of Haiti are rebuilding their country, and the UN is there to help them every step of the way. I look forward to sharing the images and stories from my trip with IDOL viewers across the country."
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure