Kris Allen to Perform for Haiti on 'American Idol' Result Show
In the wake of devastating earthquake which killed and injured thousands of people in Haiti, Kris Allen is scheduled to fly to the Caribbean country to raise awareness and fund for its relief effort. Later, the "American Idol" season 8 winner will share his experience and perform on the reality singing competition.
For this philanthropic project, "American Idol" is partnering with The United Nations Foundation, one of the Idol Gives Back beneficiaries. Kris' performance will be aired during February 25 result show at 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. ET live/PT tape-delayed, while the Idol Gives Back will broadcast during the Top 7 result show on April 21.
"I'm looking forward to traveling to Haiti to see the UN's work firsthand," he said. "The people of Haiti are rebuilding their country, and the UN is there to help them every step of the way. I look forward to sharing the images and stories from my trip with IDOL viewers across the country."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital