The Black Pearl Arrives in Hawaii for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Shooting
Hawaii has become the new home for the Black Pearl. The large ship which is featured in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" has arrived in Kalaeloa Harbor on early Sunday morning, February 15. According to Hawaii News Now, the ship was brought there as the preparation for the shooting of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" which is scheduled to be commenced this summer and will take place at Oahu and Kauai.
To get to Hawaii, the Black Pearl traveled from the Bahamas to Los Angeles before then to Kalaeloa. State leaders said a lot of work went into getting the film there and the excitement of the ship is just the beginning.
In "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. The storyline for the film has been kept under wraps but it is said to follow the eccentric pirate in a quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Rob Marshall is set to direct this fourth installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise which is slated for May 20, 2011 release date.
As of late, Penelope Cruz has been reported to be in negotiation to star opposite Depp in the forthcoming movie. There has been no word on what role that is offered to the 35-year-old beauty but it is believed that Cruz will be Jack Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways. However, neither the actress nor Walt Disney Pictures has released any statement regarding the news.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly