Jeremy Renner In Talks for 'Battleship'
Jeremy Renner is preparing for another battle. After playing in Iraq drama war, he is now in negotiation with Universal Pictures and director Peter Berg to take the lead role in "Battleship", so The New York Times reports.
Beside "Battleship", Renner has also had meetings with filmmakers to star in another movie, which he refuses to mention the title. Both projects are planned to kick off principal photography in summer, so he has to choose between the two.
"Battleship" is a live-action pic based on Hasbro's naval combat board game. It is said to be "a contemporary story of an international five-ship fleet engaged in a very dynamic, violent and intense battle" against water-based aliens. Universal eyes May 25, 2012 release in the U.S. for this film.
While his involvement in the action movie has not met a deal, Renner has officially signed on for indie movie "The Raven". It is not known what character that will be played by him, but it is believed that he may star as the lead role of Edgar Allen Poe. Ewan McGregor is said in talks to take a role in the film.
Jeremy Renner recently received nomination for Best Actor at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards for his portrayal of William James in "The Hurt Locker". He has a role in Ben Affleck-directed flick "The Town" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on September 10.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof