Jeremy Renner In Talks for 'Battleship'
Jeremy Renner is preparing for another battle. After playing in Iraq drama war, he is now in negotiation with Universal Pictures and director Peter Berg to take the lead role in "Battleship", so The New York Times reports.
Beside "Battleship", Renner has also had meetings with filmmakers to star in another movie, which he refuses to mention the title. Both projects are planned to kick off principal photography in summer, so he has to choose between the two.
"Battleship" is a live-action pic based on Hasbro's naval combat board game. It is said to be "a contemporary story of an international five-ship fleet engaged in a very dynamic, violent and intense battle" against water-based aliens. Universal eyes May 25, 2012 release in the U.S. for this film.
While his involvement in the action movie has not met a deal, Renner has officially signed on for indie movie "The Raven". It is not known what character that will be played by him, but it is believed that he may star as the lead role of Edgar Allen Poe. Ewan McGregor is said in talks to take a role in the film.
Jeremy Renner recently received nomination for Best Actor at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards for his portrayal of William James in "The Hurt Locker". He has a role in Ben Affleck-directed flick "The Town" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on September 10.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle