'The Pacific' Releases Emotional Trailer
HBO has dropped another promo of its upcoming miniseries "The Pacific" which, unlike the previously-released ones, focuses on the emotional capacity of the three main characters. This footage includes Eugene facing opposition from his parents for going into the frontline and John leaving his wife behind to serve the country.
The latest epic war drama coming from producer Steve Spielberg, "The Pacific" follows three U.S. marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, John Basilone in an intertwined story as they fought the Japanese in the pacific ocean. It traces back from their fist clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal to the killing fields of Okinawa to the triumphant return home after V-J Day.
HBO puts it as a 10-part miniseries which will air beginning March 14.
Speaking of how this would be different from his other war movies, Spielberg told Collider, "There was a very strong, desaturated quality to 'Band of Brothers'. In 'The Pacific', it was blue skies. They weren't fighting in overcast weather. ...So, there are more vivid colors in 'The Pacific' than we ever had in 'Band of Brothers' because that was the way it was, when you read the books and talk to the survivors of those campaigns."
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development