'The Pacific' Releases Emotional Trailer
HBO has dropped another promo of its upcoming miniseries "The Pacific" which, unlike the previously-released ones, focuses on the emotional capacity of the three main characters. This footage includes Eugene facing opposition from his parents for going into the frontline and John leaving his wife behind to serve the country.
The latest epic war drama coming from producer Steve Spielberg, "The Pacific" follows three U.S. marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, John Basilone in an intertwined story as they fought the Japanese in the pacific ocean. It traces back from their fist clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal to the killing fields of Okinawa to the triumphant return home after V-J Day.
HBO puts it as a 10-part miniseries which will air beginning March 14.
Speaking of how this would be different from his other war movies, Spielberg told Collider, "There was a very strong, desaturated quality to 'Band of Brothers'. In 'The Pacific', it was blue skies. They weren't fighting in overcast weather. ...So, there are more vivid colors in 'The Pacific' than we ever had in 'Band of Brothers' because that was the way it was, when you read the books and talk to the survivors of those campaigns."
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'