'The Pacific' Releases Emotional Trailer
HBO has dropped another promo of its upcoming miniseries "The Pacific" which, unlike the previously-released ones, focuses on the emotional capacity of the three main characters. This footage includes Eugene facing opposition from his parents for going into the frontline and John leaving his wife behind to serve the country.
The latest epic war drama coming from producer Steve Spielberg, "The Pacific" follows three U.S. marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, John Basilone in an intertwined story as they fought the Japanese in the pacific ocean. It traces back from their fist clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal to the killing fields of Okinawa to the triumphant return home after V-J Day.
HBO puts it as a 10-part miniseries which will air beginning March 14.
Speaking of how this would be different from his other war movies, Spielberg told Collider, "There was a very strong, desaturated quality to 'Band of Brothers'. In 'The Pacific', it was blue skies. They weren't fighting in overcast weather. ...So, there are more vivid colors in 'The Pacific' than we ever had in 'Band of Brothers' because that was the way it was, when you read the books and talk to the survivors of those campaigns."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie