'The Pacific' Releases Emotional Trailer
HBO has dropped another promo of its upcoming miniseries "The Pacific" which, unlike the previously-released ones, focuses on the emotional capacity of the three main characters. This footage includes Eugene facing opposition from his parents for going into the frontline and John leaving his wife behind to serve the country.
The latest epic war drama coming from producer Steve Spielberg, "The Pacific" follows three U.S. marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, John Basilone in an intertwined story as they fought the Japanese in the pacific ocean. It traces back from their fist clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal to the killing fields of Okinawa to the triumphant return home after V-J Day.
HBO puts it as a 10-part miniseries which will air beginning March 14.
Speaking of how this would be different from his other war movies, Spielberg told Collider, "There was a very strong, desaturated quality to 'Band of Brothers'. In 'The Pacific', it was blue skies. They weren't fighting in overcast weather. ...So, there are more vivid colors in 'The Pacific' than we ever had in 'Band of Brothers' because that was the way it was, when you read the books and talk to the survivors of those campaigns."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce