Jermaine Dupri Plots All-Star Remake for Quincy Jones' 'Secret Garden'
Another song remake is underway. After Michael Jackson's "We Are the World" as well as R.E.M.'s "Everbody Hurts" got the treatment for Haitian Relief effort and Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" was confirmed to be remixed by Mary J. Blige, Jermaine Dupri announced that he will re-record Quincy Jones' classic "The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)".
For this project, Jermaine tags the likes of Usher, Robin Thicke, Tyrese Gibson and Trey Songz. But, this singer/producer decides to keep the original chorus of the 1989 song which is sung by Barry White.
"It took a minute for me to even think about touching it," he explained to MTV. "It's a couple of components in that record that you don't wanna touch - Barry White being one of the main components. I had to leave him [on the song]."
"There's nobody out there in the world that's got a voice like his or even sounded the way he sounded. So I had to make sure I could leave that. It's gonna be interesting for y'all to hear how these young guys sound mixed in with him."
And, he is confident with the line-up, "I think Robin Thicke got something for the ladies. Usher, definitely. Trey, definitely. And Barry White. That was hard, because I wanted to put Anthony Hamilton on there, Maxwell on there. But it's hard, because it's only a four- or five-man [song]. That was the hardest part for me."
"The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)" was originally performed by James Ingram, Al B. Sure and El DeBarge in addition to Barry White. It appears in Quincy Jones' Grammy-winning album "Back on the Block".
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters