Julianne Moore's 'Kids Are All Right' Premiered at Berlinale
The 60th Berlin International Film Festival has been used by Focus Features to premiere one of their films "The Kids Are All Right". On Wednesday, February 17, Julianne Moore has supported the promotional effort by attending the special screening which took place at Festival Palace in Berlin, Germany.
Looking beautiful in a black strapless dress, the 49-year-old beauty was joined by the film's director Lisa Cholodenko. The two seemed trying to boost the film which has a lesbian-themed storyline as they were seen lip-locking when being pictured on the red carpet.
After a press screening, Moore talked about her opinion on the film. "For me the portrait is very much the portrait of a marriage and a family and about what it's like to be married for a long time and to have children," she told reporters. "I don't think it matters what your sexuality is. For Annette [Benning; co-star] and I, we've both been married, we both have children, we know what it's like to parent, we know what it's like to be in a long-term relationship."
"The Kids Are All Right" centers its story on a lesbian couple, Julianne Moore's Jules and Annette Benning's Nic, who has two children, Mia Wasikowska's Joni and Josh Hutcherson's Laser, from artificial insemination. The teenagers then decide to seek out their biological father, Mark Ruffalo's Paul, and as they meet him a complicated new chapter begins for the family. This drama comedy is set for July 7 release in the U.S.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip