'G.I. Joe' Sequel to Be Faithful to the First Film
It has been reported before that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have signed a deal to write the script for "G.I. Joe 2". Recently, the two had an interview with MTV to talk about what they are going to do with the upcoming film, promising that they will still be on the line of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra".
"We can say that we will be faithful to the first film. We will not be ignoring events from the first in the second," Reese stated. Wernick then added, "It will be a sequel. It will be a continuation of 'G.I. Joe' [as it was established last summer]."
The screenwriting duo moreover revealed that they will use more characters from the toy line in the next movie as Reese shared, "We'll be introducing some new characters." His partner then further explained, "We're going out to Pawtucket, Rhode Island to the Hasbro headquarters next week. [We'll] talk to the toy guys, take a tour of the facility, see all the old toys, the new toys and just get inspired."
Though they are excited with the project, Reese and Wernick actually feel a little pressure about making this second installment of "G.I. Joe" film franchise. "It's hard to think of it being any bigger," Reese told MTV, before commenting on the first film "that was a big movie. They blew up a lot of stuff. We hope for it to be as fun, that the characters really pop."
Beside tapping the writers, Paramount Pictures has hired director of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" Stephen Sommers to return to the directing position for "G.I. Joe 2". Meanwhile, the original cast members, such as Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller, are expected to reprise their roles as they reportedly have signed on for the sequel
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce