'G.I. Joe' Sequel to Be Faithful to the First Film
It has been reported before that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have signed a deal to write the script for "G.I. Joe 2". Recently, the two had an interview with MTV to talk about what they are going to do with the upcoming film, promising that they will still be on the line of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra".
"We can say that we will be faithful to the first film. We will not be ignoring events from the first in the second," Reese stated. Wernick then added, "It will be a sequel. It will be a continuation of 'G.I. Joe' [as it was established last summer]."
The screenwriting duo moreover revealed that they will use more characters from the toy line in the next movie as Reese shared, "We'll be introducing some new characters." His partner then further explained, "We're going out to Pawtucket, Rhode Island to the Hasbro headquarters next week. [We'll] talk to the toy guys, take a tour of the facility, see all the old toys, the new toys and just get inspired."
Though they are excited with the project, Reese and Wernick actually feel a little pressure about making this second installment of "G.I. Joe" film franchise. "It's hard to think of it being any bigger," Reese told MTV, before commenting on the first film "that was a big movie. They blew up a lot of stuff. We hope for it to be as fun, that the characters really pop."
Beside tapping the writers, Paramount Pictures has hired director of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" Stephen Sommers to return to the directing position for "G.I. Joe 2". Meanwhile, the original cast members, such as Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller, are expected to reprise their roles as they reportedly have signed on for the sequel
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences