Anthony Hopkins Talks His 'Thor' Role
Anthony Hopkins has an important role in the storyline of "Thor" as he plays Odin who sends his son Thor to Earth. In a recent interview with Los Angeles Times, the veteran actor was willing to explain why his character seems heartless to his own child.
"He's a stern man. He's a man with purpose. I play the god who banishes his son from the kingdom of Asgard because he screwed up," he elaborated, before adding "He's a hot-headed, temperamental young man --- probably a chip off of the old block -- but I decide he's not really ready to rule the future kingdom, so I banish him." He then described Odin in simpler words, saying "He's ruthless, take-it-or-leave-it."
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Chris Hemsworth's Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Starring opposite Hemsworth is Natalie Portman, who is set to portray Thor's first love Jane Foster. Additionally, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Jaimie Alexander, Kat Dennings and many others are also cast for the film. This Kenneth Branagh-directed action adventure movie has begun production in January and is slated for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Thor News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked