Anthony Hopkins Talks His 'Thor' Role
Anthony Hopkins has an important role in the storyline of "Thor" as he plays Odin who sends his son Thor to Earth. In a recent interview with Los Angeles Times, the veteran actor was willing to explain why his character seems heartless to his own child.
"He's a stern man. He's a man with purpose. I play the god who banishes his son from the kingdom of Asgard because he screwed up," he elaborated, before adding "He's a hot-headed, temperamental young man --- probably a chip off of the old block -- but I decide he's not really ready to rule the future kingdom, so I banish him." He then described Odin in simpler words, saying "He's ruthless, take-it-or-leave-it."
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Chris Hemsworth's Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Starring opposite Hemsworth is Natalie Portman, who is set to portray Thor's first love Jane Foster. Additionally, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Jaimie Alexander, Kat Dennings and many others are also cast for the film. This Kenneth Branagh-directed action adventure movie has begun production in January and is slated for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Thor News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards