Anthony Hopkins Talks His 'Thor' Role
Anthony Hopkins has an important role in the storyline of "Thor" as he plays Odin who sends his son Thor to Earth. In a recent interview with Los Angeles Times, the veteran actor was willing to explain why his character seems heartless to his own child.
"He's a stern man. He's a man with purpose. I play the god who banishes his son from the kingdom of Asgard because he screwed up," he elaborated, before adding "He's a hot-headed, temperamental young man --- probably a chip off of the old block -- but I decide he's not really ready to rule the future kingdom, so I banish him." He then described Odin in simpler words, saying "He's ruthless, take-it-or-leave-it."
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Chris Hemsworth's Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Starring opposite Hemsworth is Natalie Portman, who is set to portray Thor's first love Jane Foster. Additionally, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Jaimie Alexander, Kat Dennings and many others are also cast for the film. This Kenneth Branagh-directed action adventure movie has begun production in January and is slated for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Thor News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'