Gwyneth Paltrow to Team Up With Kate Winslet in 'Contagion'
Another top-notch star has been added to the cast ensemble for "Contagion". According to The Playlist, Gwyneth Paltrow has officially signed on to star in the Steven Soderbergh-directed flick. She will join Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Marion Cotillard who have previously been on board with the project.
There has been no word on what roles that will be played by those actors and actresses, but the film's story is said to take place over four continents and center on the outbreak of a deadly virus. Scott Z. Burns writes the script for the sci-fi thriller which shooting is planned to start this fall.
Gwyneth Paltrow, who began her acting career in 1990, is widely recognized for performance in "Shakespeare in Love". Her role as Viola De Lesseps in the drama landed her Best Actress prize from Academy Awards as well as Golden Globe Awards. She then plays in several movies, including "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Iron Man", and can next be seen starring in "Iron Man 2" in which she reprises her role of Pepper Potts.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics