Gwyneth Paltrow to Team Up With Kate Winslet in 'Contagion'
Another top-notch star has been added to the cast ensemble for "Contagion". According to The Playlist, Gwyneth Paltrow has officially signed on to star in the Steven Soderbergh-directed flick. She will join Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Marion Cotillard who have previously been on board with the project.
There has been no word on what roles that will be played by those actors and actresses, but the film's story is said to take place over four continents and center on the outbreak of a deadly virus. Scott Z. Burns writes the script for the sci-fi thriller which shooting is planned to start this fall.
Gwyneth Paltrow, who began her acting career in 1990, is widely recognized for performance in "Shakespeare in Love". Her role as Viola De Lesseps in the drama landed her Best Actress prize from Academy Awards as well as Golden Globe Awards. She then plays in several movies, including "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Iron Man", and can next be seen starring in "Iron Man 2" in which she reprises her role of Pepper Potts.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2