Chris Pine Not Close to Be Captain America
It seems that Chris Pine will not get another captain title that easily. Following rumors suggesting that the depicter of Captain Kirk in sci-fi movie "Star Trek" is close to sign a deal to take the lead role in "The First Avenger: Captain America", Gossip Cop has come out with the denial. The site claims a source close to the actor says there has been "no offer at all."
News that Pine is a strong contender to be Captain America was first brought into attention by CinemaSpy. On February 12, the site reported that they received an email from "a tipster claiming to be well-connected within the Paramount hierarchy" who heard that the role could end up being played by the 29-year-old. The source additionally informed that not only he is on the short list but also he is the front runner for the said part.
Prior to Chris Pine, several actors are also reportedly considered to be Captain America. Those who are linked to the role include Chad Michael Murray ("One Tree Hill"), Ryan McPartlin ("Chuck") and Jensen Ackles ("Supernatural"). Beside the three, there are additionally other unknowns/television actors who compete for the project.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will follow Steve Rogers who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston is tapped to direct while Kevin Feige is set to produce. The shooting is expected to be started this summer for July 22, 2011 release date.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season