Full Winners List of 2010 BRIT Awards, Lady GaGa Leads the Pack
Lady GaGa dominated this year's BRIT Awards which was held on February 16 at Earls Court Exhibition Centre in London. The dance queen who arrived on the red carpet in a beehive and huge white dress won three prizes.
First, she picked up International Breakthrough Act, beating Animal Collective, Daniel Merriweather, Empire of the Sun and Taylor Swift. She cried when collecting the award, "I love my fans, thank you my fans in the UK. I can't tell you how much this means to me."
During the acceptance speech, she also mentioned Alexander McQueen who passed away last week. That was the second time she gave a shot out to her designer friend. Earlier that evening, she paid tribute to him when performing a medley of her acoustic songs.
After a video message from Prince Harry, GaGa was once again called out to come onto the stage for her second gong. This time around, she received International Female Solo Artist, winning over Ladyhawke, Norah Jones, Rihanna and Shakira. "Thank you so much, thank you," this singer told the crowd. "I am so honored to have these awards." Taking a china cup of tea, she even included her rumored boyfriend Matthew Williams in her thank-you list.
Her third award, International Album, was announced by fellow singer Mika at that evening. In this category, she pushed aside the likes of Black Eyed Peas, Jay-Z, Empire of the Sun and Animal Collective. "You know, I was really excited to win the first two awards but this means even more to be because I worked so hard on it ['The Fame'] for so long," emotional GaGa said. After a brief pause, she added, "My fans were the first to support me."
Another act who managed to walk home with multiple prizes was JLS. This boyband bagged two coveted awards; British Breakthrough Act and British Single. "We never ever thought this would happen, this is beyond our wildest dreams," Ortise Williams said on-stage when picking up their first prize.
When the band who finished second on "The X Factor" season 5 took the stage to receive their second nod, Marvin Humes thanked the talent show's judge Simon Cowell. "Thank you to Mr. Simon Cowell, thank you Simon. Without you none of this would be possible," he stated.
Lily Allen, Jay-Z, Kasabian, Dizzee Rascal and Florence and the Machine also snatched one award. Furthermore, Spice Girls were honored with BRITs Hits 30 for their 1997 performance "Wannabe" / "Who Do You Think You Are" and Oasis got BRITs Album of 30 Years, thanks to their album "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?". Special honoree, meanwhile, was Robbie Williams who was recognized for his Outstanding Contribution to Music.
Full winner list of 2010 BRIT Awards:
- British Female Solo Artist: Lily Allen
- International Female Solo Artist: Lady GaGa
- British Breakthrough Act: JLS
- International Male Solo Artist: Jay-Z
- British Male Solo Artist: Dizzee Rascal
- International Album: "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- BRITs Hits 30: "Wannabe" / "Who Do You Think You Are" - Spice Girls
- British Group: Kasabian
- Critics Choice: Ellie Goulding
- International Breakthrough Act: Lady GaGa
- British Single: "Beat Again" - JLS
- BRITs Album of 30 Years: "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" - Oasis
- British Album: "Lungs" - Florence and the Machine
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: Robbie Williams
More Lady GaGa News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner