'24' Takes a Break While Kiefer Sutherland Has Surgery
Production of FOX's "24" is temporarily shut down until its leading star is well enough to get back on the set. Kiefer Sutherland, released a statement via his publicist on Sunday, February 14 that he regrets missing several days of work because he needs a surgery for a ruptured cyst near his kidney.
"While Kiefer Sutherland is frustrated to miss even one day of work, he and Fox decided together that it would be best to complete this minor elective procedure now," the actor's publicist said in a statement. The cyst actually ruptured last week but the production is only halted this week because the production went on without Sutherland until Friday, February 12.
Sutherland, who is also the producer of the show, is expected to be back on the set within a week from the released statement. 20th Century Fox Television said, "We are temporarily suspending production of '24' while our friend and colleague Kiefer Sutherland undergoes a medical procedure. We hope to resume production shortly and do not anticipate any disruption in the broadcast of this season's episodes."
Back in 2007 he served his jail sentence for drunk driving in two installments so that it would not interfere with the shooting schedule.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences