'24' Takes a Break While Kiefer Sutherland Has Surgery
Production of FOX's "24" is temporarily shut down until its leading star is well enough to get back on the set. Kiefer Sutherland, released a statement via his publicist on Sunday, February 14 that he regrets missing several days of work because he needs a surgery for a ruptured cyst near his kidney.
"While Kiefer Sutherland is frustrated to miss even one day of work, he and Fox decided together that it would be best to complete this minor elective procedure now," the actor's publicist said in a statement. The cyst actually ruptured last week but the production is only halted this week because the production went on without Sutherland until Friday, February 12.
Sutherland, who is also the producer of the show, is expected to be back on the set within a week from the released statement. 20th Century Fox Television said, "We are temporarily suspending production of '24' while our friend and colleague Kiefer Sutherland undergoes a medical procedure. We hope to resume production shortly and do not anticipate any disruption in the broadcast of this season's episodes."
Back in 2007 he served his jail sentence for drunk driving in two installments so that it would not interfere with the shooting schedule.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl