Madonna Picks 'W.E.' as Her Second Directed-Movie
Madonna has decided to give another shot to her directing career, Variety reported. After receiving mostly negative reviews with her first directed-film feature "Filth and Wisdom", the singer has signed on to helm "W.E." which revolves around the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led the Brit royal to abdicate the throne to marry his two-time divorcee lover.
The pop star is likely to direct Vera Farmiga as the "Up in the Air" actress is reportedly eying the role of Simpson, who precipitated the most severe constitutional crisis in the English monarchy in the 20th century after Edward proposed to her, only months into his reign. The pair later lived the rest of their lives as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and became celebrities around the world.
It has not been known who will tackle the role of King Edward VIII. Meanwhile, the film's script will be written by Madonna alongside "Truth or Dare" director Alex Keshishian. Colin Vaines and David Parfitt are producing the biopic, which is slated for 2012 release.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap