Madonna Picks 'W.E.' as Her Second Directed-Movie
Madonna has decided to give another shot to her directing career, Variety reported. After receiving mostly negative reviews with her first directed-film feature "Filth and Wisdom", the singer has signed on to helm "W.E." which revolves around the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led the Brit royal to abdicate the throne to marry his two-time divorcee lover.
The pop star is likely to direct Vera Farmiga as the "Up in the Air" actress is reportedly eying the role of Simpson, who precipitated the most severe constitutional crisis in the English monarchy in the 20th century after Edward proposed to her, only months into his reign. The pair later lived the rest of their lives as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and became celebrities around the world.
It has not been known who will tackle the role of King Edward VIII. Meanwhile, the film's script will be written by Madonna alongside "Truth or Dare" director Alex Keshishian. Colin Vaines and David Parfitt are producing the biopic, which is slated for 2012 release.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?