Madonna Picks 'W.E.' as Her Second Directed-Movie
Madonna has decided to give another shot to her directing career, Variety reported. After receiving mostly negative reviews with her first directed-film feature "Filth and Wisdom", the singer has signed on to helm "W.E." which revolves around the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led the Brit royal to abdicate the throne to marry his two-time divorcee lover.
The pop star is likely to direct Vera Farmiga as the "Up in the Air" actress is reportedly eying the role of Simpson, who precipitated the most severe constitutional crisis in the English monarchy in the 20th century after Edward proposed to her, only months into his reign. The pair later lived the rest of their lives as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and became celebrities around the world.
It has not been known who will tackle the role of King Edward VIII. Meanwhile, the film's script will be written by Madonna alongside "Truth or Dare" director Alex Keshishian. Colin Vaines and David Parfitt are producing the biopic, which is slated for 2012 release.
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?