Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Up for 'We Are the World' Spanish Version
Another new version of "We Are the World" is in the works. Rumor has it, the 1985 song which is co-written by Michael Jackson will be re-recorded in Spanish with Jennifer Lopez and her singer husband Marc Anthony on the line-up.
Recording session will be held this coming Friday, February 19. Like the Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones' "We Are the World" project, it will also benefit Haitian relief effort. The Spanish version will be titled "Somos El Mundo" and is initiated by Gloria Estefan.
Beside Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, other musicians invited to lend their vocal to the project are Ricky Martin, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Jon Secada among other Spanish singers.
Enrique previously lent his vocal to the English revamped version of "We Are the World" along with Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Wyclef Jean, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and more.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs