Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Up for 'We Are the World' Spanish Version
Another new version of "We Are the World" is in the works. Rumor has it, the 1985 song which is co-written by Michael Jackson will be re-recorded in Spanish with Jennifer Lopez and her singer husband Marc Anthony on the line-up.
Recording session will be held this coming Friday, February 19. Like the Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones' "We Are the World" project, it will also benefit Haitian relief effort. The Spanish version will be titled "Somos El Mundo" and is initiated by Gloria Estefan.
Beside Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, other musicians invited to lend their vocal to the project are Ricky Martin, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Jon Secada among other Spanish singers.
Enrique previously lent his vocal to the English revamped version of "We Are the World" along with Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Wyclef Jean, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and more.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'