Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Up for 'We Are the World' Spanish Version
Another new version of "We Are the World" is in the works. Rumor has it, the 1985 song which is co-written by Michael Jackson will be re-recorded in Spanish with Jennifer Lopez and her singer husband Marc Anthony on the line-up.
Recording session will be held this coming Friday, February 19. Like the Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones' "We Are the World" project, it will also benefit Haitian relief effort. The Spanish version will be titled "Somos El Mundo" and is initiated by Gloria Estefan.
Beside Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, other musicians invited to lend their vocal to the project are Ricky Martin, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Jon Secada among other Spanish singers.
Enrique previously lent his vocal to the English revamped version of "We Are the World" along with Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Wyclef Jean, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and more.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics