Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Up for 'We Are the World' Spanish Version
Another new version of "We Are the World" is in the works. Rumor has it, the 1985 song which is co-written by Michael Jackson will be re-recorded in Spanish with Jennifer Lopez and her singer husband Marc Anthony on the line-up.
Recording session will be held this coming Friday, February 19. Like the Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones' "We Are the World" project, it will also benefit Haitian relief effort. The Spanish version will be titled "Somos El Mundo" and is initiated by Gloria Estefan.
Beside Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, other musicians invited to lend their vocal to the project are Ricky Martin, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Jon Secada among other Spanish singers.
Enrique previously lent his vocal to the English revamped version of "We Are the World" along with Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Wyclef Jean, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and more.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC