Artist of the Week: Young Money
Making a name as a solo artist is apparently not enough for Lil Wayne as this rap mogul forms a supergroup with his labelmates. Under the moniker of Young Money, they released a studio album "We Are Young Money" in December 2009.
"BedRock", one of the singles in the effort, managed to reach the No. 3 position on Billboard Hot 100. The track is performed by Weezy, Gudda Gudda, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Tyga, Jae Millz and features R&B singer Lloyd.
Prior to "BedRock", they released a song called "Every Girl" which has all the singers in "BedRock" except for Nicki and Lloyd. With this all-star single, the group who embarked on a tour with Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy in July last year once rounded up the Top 10 of the U.S. singles chart.
Powered with two chart-busting singles, "We Are Young Money" itself debuted at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200. Selling 142,100 copies in its first week, the album has so far pulled in around 300,000 copies since its release date.
On the heels of Weezy's weapon possession-related charge, two music videos for the album's forthcoming singles, "Roger That" and "Girl I Got You", have been filmed by the Young Money Entertainment crew. This is aimed to tide fans over while the rapper's away to serve his one-year sentence which was recently postponed until March 2.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says