Trace Adkins Scrapped Concert Following Deadly Tour Bus Crash
Trace Adkins decided to call off his gig in Florida after one of his tour buses collided with a pick-up truck, costing two people their lives. "This is a real tragedy," he says in a statement. "Two people have been killed and I don't even know their names. So out of respect for their families, I prefer not to comment too much at this time."
Two people who died were the ones who traveled in the truck which crossed the center line and crashed head-on into the bus. The deadly accident happened on Saturday, February 13 at about 9:30 A.M. when the band were on their way to Bossier City, Louisiana. The country music singer who was already in Louisiana immediately went to the scene in a van after learning about the crash.
"(Adkins) was extremely concerned, as you might expect," Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator told KTBS-TV, Shreveport. "He was comforting the band members. He helped them load their luggage and then headed to the hospital."
On the day of the tragic accident, Trace Adkins still performed an acoustic set with Martina McBride at the CenturyTel Center in Bossier City, Louisiana, but he canceled the next concert in Pensacola, Florida. Martina and Sarah Buxton's performances went on as scheduled.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special