'21 Jump Street' Nabs August 2011 Slot
Sony Pictures has set a release date for its upcoming film "21 Jump Street". On Friday, February 12, the studio has announced it via its Twitter feed, writing "21 Jump Street the movie will be released in August, 2011! Do we have any fans of the TV show following us?"
Later, more detailed release schedule for the film has appeared on Box Office Mojo. The site informed that this action comedy will be distributed by Columbia Pictures in theaters across the U.S. on August 5, 2011.
"21 Jump Street", which will be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, serves as the remake of undercover cop TV series of the same title which provided a spark to the acting career of its lead actor Johnny Depp. So far, Jonah Hill is the only actor confirmed to star in the film.
Beside joining the cast, Hill also writes the script alongside Joe Gazzam and Michael Bacall. The 26-year-old has previously informed that the film is planned to start production in 2010. About the storyline, he stated that it will be about "a group of people that go back to high school to deal with a drug problem."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic