'21 Jump Street' Nabs August 2011 Slot
Sony Pictures has set a release date for its upcoming film "21 Jump Street". On Friday, February 12, the studio has announced it via its Twitter feed, writing "21 Jump Street the movie will be released in August, 2011! Do we have any fans of the TV show following us?"
Later, more detailed release schedule for the film has appeared on Box Office Mojo. The site informed that this action comedy will be distributed by Columbia Pictures in theaters across the U.S. on August 5, 2011.
"21 Jump Street", which will be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, serves as the remake of undercover cop TV series of the same title which provided a spark to the acting career of its lead actor Johnny Depp. So far, Jonah Hill is the only actor confirmed to star in the film.
Beside joining the cast, Hill also writes the script alongside Joe Gazzam and Michael Bacall. The 26-year-old has previously informed that the film is planned to start production in 2010. About the storyline, he stated that it will be about "a group of people that go back to high school to deal with a drug problem."
More 21 Jump Street News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI