'21 Jump Street' Nabs August 2011 Slot
Sony Pictures has set a release date for its upcoming film "21 Jump Street". On Friday, February 12, the studio has announced it via its Twitter feed, writing "21 Jump Street the movie will be released in August, 2011! Do we have any fans of the TV show following us?"
Later, more detailed release schedule for the film has appeared on Box Office Mojo. The site informed that this action comedy will be distributed by Columbia Pictures in theaters across the U.S. on August 5, 2011.
"21 Jump Street", which will be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, serves as the remake of undercover cop TV series of the same title which provided a spark to the acting career of its lead actor Johnny Depp. So far, Jonah Hill is the only actor confirmed to star in the film.
Beside joining the cast, Hill also writes the script alongside Joe Gazzam and Michael Bacall. The 26-year-old has previously informed that the film is planned to start production in 2010. About the storyline, he stated that it will be about "a group of people that go back to high school to deal with a drug problem."
More 21 Jump Street News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns