Angelina Jolie Not Adopting From Haiti, Yet
Although she very much likes the idea of adopting from grief-stricken Haiti, Angelina Jolie thinks it is not the right time for such a move. CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour had the movie star in a conference call from Haiti, talking as the ambassador of UN goodwill about the possibility of her saving an orphan.
"I'm always open to children around the world. We're that kind of a family; Brad and I talk about that," Angelina said. "But that's not what we're focusing on at this time, by any means," she continued. "We're not here for that. We're here to see how we can help protect the children in the country and scale up the needs here."
The actress who has had three adoptive children with partner Brad Pitt is also worried about child trafficking. "Trafficking has been a huge problem for a very long time ...so I think everybody that means well needs to really take that very seriously, and not get frustrated, but really work with the country," she said.
"And for myself, as somebody who is an adoptive parent, I understand the urge to assist in that way, but now is not the time. An emergency is not the time for new adoptions anyway."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts