Angelina Jolie Not Adopting From Haiti, Yet
Although she very much likes the idea of adopting from grief-stricken Haiti, Angelina Jolie thinks it is not the right time for such a move. CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour had the movie star in a conference call from Haiti, talking as the ambassador of UN goodwill about the possibility of her saving an orphan.
"I'm always open to children around the world. We're that kind of a family; Brad and I talk about that," Angelina said. "But that's not what we're focusing on at this time, by any means," she continued. "We're not here for that. We're here to see how we can help protect the children in the country and scale up the needs here."
The actress who has had three adoptive children with partner Brad Pitt is also worried about child trafficking. "Trafficking has been a huge problem for a very long time ...so I think everybody that means well needs to really take that very seriously, and not get frustrated, but really work with the country," she said.
"And for myself, as somebody who is an adoptive parent, I understand the urge to assist in that way, but now is not the time. An emergency is not the time for new adoptions anyway."
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris