Angelina Jolie Not Adopting From Haiti, Yet
Although she very much likes the idea of adopting from grief-stricken Haiti, Angelina Jolie thinks it is not the right time for such a move. CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour had the movie star in a conference call from Haiti, talking as the ambassador of UN goodwill about the possibility of her saving an orphan.
"I'm always open to children around the world. We're that kind of a family; Brad and I talk about that," Angelina said. "But that's not what we're focusing on at this time, by any means," she continued. "We're not here for that. We're here to see how we can help protect the children in the country and scale up the needs here."
The actress who has had three adoptive children with partner Brad Pitt is also worried about child trafficking. "Trafficking has been a huge problem for a very long time ...so I think everybody that means well needs to really take that very seriously, and not get frustrated, but really work with the country," she said.
"And for myself, as somebody who is an adoptive parent, I understand the urge to assist in that way, but now is not the time. An emergency is not the time for new adoptions anyway."
More Angelina Jolie News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked