Angelina Jolie Not Adopting From Haiti, Yet
Although she very much likes the idea of adopting from grief-stricken Haiti, Angelina Jolie thinks it is not the right time for such a move. CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour had the movie star in a conference call from Haiti, talking as the ambassador of UN goodwill about the possibility of her saving an orphan.
"I'm always open to children around the world. We're that kind of a family; Brad and I talk about that," Angelina said. "But that's not what we're focusing on at this time, by any means," she continued. "We're not here for that. We're here to see how we can help protect the children in the country and scale up the needs here."
The actress who has had three adoptive children with partner Brad Pitt is also worried about child trafficking. "Trafficking has been a huge problem for a very long time ...so I think everybody that means well needs to really take that very seriously, and not get frustrated, but really work with the country," she said.
"And for myself, as somebody who is an adoptive parent, I understand the urge to assist in that way, but now is not the time. An emergency is not the time for new adoptions anyway."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri