Video Premiere: 'We Are the World 25 for Haiti' Feat. Various Artists
Finally, the highly-anticipated music video for the all-star "We Are the World" remake is made available for viewing pleasure. Premiered during during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Friday, February 12, it was introduced by one of the artists involved Jamie Foxx.
"25 years ago Quincy Jones gathered an amazing group of artists and musicians to create 'We Are the World' written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie," he said. "I'm so proud to be able to share a new version of that song with the video by Academy Award-winning director Paul Haggins."
"Two weeks ago we found ourselves surrounded by artists from all ages, backgrounds and genres, but all of them share common commitment to take an action to help Haiti," he continued. "We ask you to please do more than just watch. Reach deeply to your heart and give anything you can ... Whatever you have, no matter how big, how small, they all count."
Then, the video is rolled, starting with a capture of Justin Bieber doing his solo recording session. "There comes a time when we heed a certain call," so he sings with Nicole Scherzinger and Jennifer Hudson backing him up in the next line. In addition to showing the studio sessions, it also features Haiti post the devastating earthquake. Michael appears posthumously twice; one in a split screen with Janet Jackson, and the other alone.
In the middle of the video, a group of rappers ranging from LL Cool J to Swizz Beatz spit additional rhymes with the rest of the singers clapping their hands in the air. Unlike the other MCs however, Lil Wayne does not rap but he sings Bob Dylan's part. In addition to the rapping part, the other thing done to revamp the track is bringing in Auto-Tune.
There will be two versions of the video. One is a seven-and-a-half-minute version that contains the uncut song which was debuted in the opening ceremony of Winter Olympics and the other is a three-and-a-half-minute version which will be revealed the next day.
"We Are the World 25 for Haiti" music video
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo