Disney's 'Rapunzel' Is Now 'Tangled', Jennifer Aniston's Flick Is Not 'Baster'
Walt Disney Animation Studios has decided that their upcoming movie about the famous golden-haired princess will not be called "Rapunzel". On Friday, February 12, producer Roy Conli has announced via the studio's Facebook page that the film which has Mandy Moore lending her voice for the titular character will now be known as "Tangled".
"Hey everyone, I'm Roy Conli, producer of Disney's next animated film," the filmmaker opened his statement. "I want to tell you about Walt Disney Animation Studio's 2010 release, Tangled. It's a really fresh, smart take on the Rapunzel story."
He additionally teased a bit of the film's storyline, writing "In our film, the infamous bandit Flynn Rider meets his match in the girl with the 70 feet of magical golden hair. We're having a lot of fun pairing Flynn, who's seen it all, with Rapunzel, who's been locked away in a tower for 18 years." This animation is made in 3-D and will hit U.S. theaters on November 12.
Beside the Disney's animation, Jennifer Aniston's upcoming movie is likely to get new title. Known as "The Baster" which was inspired by the original Jeffrey Eugenides' short story "Baster", the romantic comedy will be renamed as scribe Allan Loeb told MTV, "I believe we are not going to be calling it 'The Baster'."
As for the reason why they want another name for the movie, Loeb claimed "The Baster" is not quite attractive. "As a movie title, it doesn't seem to be as exciting to the powers that be that are going to have to market it. So the title will change," he elaborated. However, it has not been known the new title that will replace "The Baster".
Directed by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, the story revolves around Aniston's character Kassie who uses the baster to artificially inseminate herself with sperm from a donor. Knowing Kassie's plan, her best friend Wally, played by Jason Bateman, replaces the donor's semen with his own and must live with the secret that he is the father of her child. The flick is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on August 20.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?