Madonna, Ricky Gervais and More as 'Marriage Ref'
More heavy-weight stars are going to weigh down on American couples' marriage. Madonna, Sarah Silverman and Ricky Gervais and several more are joining "The Marriage Ref", a new show by NBC produced by Jerry Seinfeld which will get a sneak peek on Sunday, February 28 and an official premiere on Thursday, March 4.
The network has confirmed Madonna's participation but has not revealed the date she would appear on. Meanwhile, Gervais has told the media about his involvement, saying "I got a call on my mobile, 'Hi it's Jerry Seinfeld here'. Unbelievable. He's doing a new comedy show about marriage guidance and he wants me to be involved. I'm filming it next month in New York. That was a big enough thrill."
Another set of celebrities expected to be on the stage are Larry David, Matt Lauer, Cedric the Entertainer, Matthew Broderick and Martin Short. Previously it was reported that there would also be Eva Longoria, Charles Barkley and Tina Fey.
These celebrities are welcomed to give opinion on real-life couples' issues and declare a winner. Seinfeld said it is a combination of reality show, game show and comedy with no big prizes for its feuding contestants.
Earlier this week, NBC released a promo of the show which features Alec Baldwin and Kelly Ripa.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones