Big Studios Want Taylor Lautner's 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner has become one of the most wanted actors in Hollywood film industry. After landing lead roles in a number of films, he is set to star in "Abduction" which script has been contested by several major studios.
Deadline Hollywood first reported on Thursday, February 11 that the film's script which is written by Shawn Christensen has gone out and two studios were ready to bid when the auction would be started at 9 A.M the same day. Later, Entertainment Weekly gave an update that there are already five parties who will battle over the rights, including Dreamworks, Universal and Sony.
In "Abduction", Lautner will play teen who has long felt disconnected from his parents, and figures out why. The story additionally will see chain of violent events and enter "The Bourne Identity" territory. As of the writing time, it has not been known the studio which wins the rights to the film.
Last week, it has been announced that Taylor Lautner is tapped to play the titular character in "Stretch Armstrong", a movie adaptation of Hasbro toy of the same name. Prior to his involvement in the superhero comedy, the depicter of Jacob Black in "Twilight" and its sequel "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" has signed up for several upcoming films, such as "Max Steel", "Cancun" and "Northern Lights (2010)".
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic