Vin Diesel Officially On Board for Third 'Riddick' Film
Vin Diesel has signed up for the follow-up to "The Chronicles of Riddick". According Variety, the actor is set to reprise his role as Richard B. Riddick in addition to producing the upcoming project, which is now titled "Riddick".
This third installment of the sci-fi film franchise will be directed and penned by David Twohy, who has helmed and written the first two films. Meanwhile, domestic distribution of the movie will be handled by Universal Pictures.
Details of the storyline have been kept secret. But insiders claimed "Riddick" will "hew closer in tone to the cult hit 'Pitch Black' [the first film] and will focus on the character of Riddick as opposed to the universe he inhabits."
Back in December 2009, Vin Diesel has informed that the film's crew have begun scouting in New Zealand. About the idea of the plot, he teased that the third film will feature some epic fight scenes between the monsters and his character.
Widely known for his role as Xander Cage in "XXX", Vin Diesel has previously appeared in "The Fast and Furious". Recently, he has inked a deal to return to the fifth installment of the action film series, "Fast Five", reuniting with his co-star Paul Walker.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle