A Day in Alec Baldwin's Life: ER, Assault and Argument With Daughter
Alec Baldwin had one rough day on Thursday, February 11. First the "30 Rock" actor was rushed to the ER and upon his exit, he was hounded by paparazzi who triggered his boiling point. The latest incident got him restrained by police officers and almost cost him an assault charge.
In the early hours of Thursday morning, he was admitted to Lenox Hill Hospital reportedly after a 911 call from his daughter Ireland who said her dad was "unresponsive". This has been slammed by the actor's spokesman Matthew Hiltzik as a "misunderstanding". He said in a statement, "This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today."
The rep added that there was "absolutely no drugs or alcohol" involved in the case, but did not specify what he was treated for. He remained for more than an hour in the hospital before being released. As soon as he arrived home at around 5:15 P.M., a throng of media was waiting for him to question about his latest condition and his daughter.
Visibly upset, Baldwin joined a band of police officers in his Central Park apartment lobby. Then without warning, he ran out of the building into the street toward the photographer of New York Post. He grabbed the snapper by the neck and reportedly yelled "This guy! This guy!" The officers had to pull him back inside where he allegedly paced around muttering "They are the lowest scum of the earth."
Then he went up to his apartment before leaving the building at around 5:45 P.M. using awaiting car. No charges were filed at the time of writing.
A new development in the mystery of the 911 call has come out. Baldwin allegedly called Ireland slightly after midnight, threatening to take some pills "to end this". But sources said, Baldwin admitted to cops to have taken only one Ambien sleeping pill and had no intention to commit suicide. He said he was arguing with his daughter and ex-wife Kim Basinger told her to call 911 to "embarrass" him.
"Alec never threatened to overdose. He did admit to taking one Ambien sleeping pill - that's all," an NYPD source told Radar Online. "Certainly nothing that would have required an emergency call. But Alec believes Ireland was put up to calling 911 because Kim put her up to it."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises