'Thor' Will Visit Santa Fe for Shooting
Prepare for the coming of a superhero and his gang to New Mexico. Governor Bill Richardson's office has announced on Tuesday, February 9 that some parts of "Thor" will be filmed in the Santa Fe area.
For the shooting process, Marvel Studios is expected to hire more than 200 New Mexico residents for the cast and crew. The movie has kicked off production in January this year in Los Angeles and reportedly will move to Santa Fe in March.
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Chris Hemsworth takes the role of the titular character and he will star opposite Natalie Portman, who is set to portray Thor's first love Jane Foster. Additionally, the likes of Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins and Samuel L. Jackson are also cast. Directed by Kenneth Branagh, the movie is planned to be released in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
More Thor News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show