Recap: 'American Idol' Group Singing Day
This week on "American Idol", 96 people were slimmed down to 71 in the second Hollywood round. These singer wannabes were grouped in three, four or five and they had to harmonize as well as choreograph a move. Elimination however, is based on individual performance.
First one to come up on stage was Faith, consisting of Charity Vance, Michelle Delamour, and Nicole Rodriguez. They sang Beyonce Knowles' "Irreplaceable" and they all went through. Next was Team Awesome which grouped Michael Lynche, Tim Urban, Michael Castro and Seth Rollins. Unlike Faith, this lots got split into half with Michael and Tim advancing.
Neapolitan got into trouble but not from the judges. They (Liz Rooney, Thaddeus Johnson and Jessica Cunningham and another girl) double crossed another group Destiny's Wild by ripping off the idea of doing an a capella of Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance". Despite it all, all four of them made it. Next, Destiny's Wild sang the same song. Todrick Hall, Theri, Jareb Leiwer and Siobahn Magnus all went through.
More drama were exposed on the show. Some members of the group Mighty Rangers had difficulty in remembering the lyrics because they chose to sleep instead of staying up and learning the song well. Tori Kelly and Maddie Penrose stayed up and they went through while Mark Labriola, Kimberly Kerbow and Danny Jones forgot the words and got cut.
Then came Phoenix who lost one of its members even before they performed. What started as fivesome, Ben Honeycutt, Jeff Goldlord, Moorea Masa and Jermaine Sellers had to change the choreography at the last minute. Moorea forgot the lyrics and she got cut along with Ben.
Some groups chose Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" and they messed it up because of its word-packed chorus. These groups included Big Dreams where Matt Lawrence who was a convict while a teen and drama queen Amanda Schechtman were in. They did not make it because Simon Cowell thought it was horrendous.
A montage of good performances came from Middle C (Janell Wheeler, Jermaine Purifory and Casey James) and Three Man and a Baby (Andrew Garcia, Katie Stevens, J.B. Ahfua and an unnamed guy). The last group to try out was The Dreamers. They got a backstage drama when Hope Johnson complained about Mary Powers' bossy attitude. Despite the personal rift, both made it to the next round along with Alex Lambert.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos