Nick Jonas Sings Billy Joel's Part in 'We Are the World' Remake
Nick Jonas revealed what part he got when recording Haitian "We Are the World" charity project with more than 70 big stars. During a recent interview with Good Times With Mo, the singer/drummer said he sings Billy Joel's lyrics for the remake.
On his experience of hitting the studio with his seniors, Nick stated, "It was unbelievable, just looking around the room and seeing the caliber of the talent that was there, it was very humbling." He continued, "I was just honored to be there, the other musicians are so much more talented that I am, I'm just proud to be a part of it."
While Nick Jonas does Billy Joel's part, his fellow young singer Justin Bieber provides opening lines which was originally sung by Lionel Richie. Furthermore, Lil Wayne delivers Bob Dylan's verses, and Janet Jackson takes over her late brother Michael Jackson's.
In addition to the original lyrics, "We Are the World" remake will also have additional verses. Nipsey Hussle previously said, "I think LL [Cool J] wrote it and it was just talking about the disaster, similar to how everybody need to come together, it was you know uplifting lyrics. It wasn't nothing corny, it was something that people would be able to relate to but still universal."
Moreover, the remixed track is expected to end with a poem read by Michael's kids. Its music video is filmed in 3-D and will be premiered during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics Friday, February 12.
More Nick Jonas News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says