John Mayer to Stop Being Too Raw After Using the N Word
John Mayer shows how sorry he was for using the N-word in an interview with Playboy through his Twitter. Shortly after the interview was published on the adult magazine's website, the musician wrote, "Re: using the 'N' word in an interview, I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."
Mayer used the word "N****r" when he was answering to a question about his acceptance among the Hip-Hop community. "Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?,' " Mayer told Playboy. "If you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass But I said, 'I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.' "
"It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it," Mayer continued tweeting, "because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged." The outspoken singer vowed to be more discreet the next time around, writing "And while I'm using today for looking at myself under harsh light, I think it's time to stop trying to be so raw in interviews."
Mayer however, did not make a comment on another answer in the interview where he addressed his sex life with former girlfriend Jessica Simpson. "Sexually it was crazy. That's all I'll say. It was like napalm, sexual napalm," he said.
More John Mayer News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3