John Mayer to Stop Being Too Raw After Using the N Word
John Mayer shows how sorry he was for using the N-word in an interview with Playboy through his Twitter. Shortly after the interview was published on the adult magazine's website, the musician wrote, "Re: using the 'N' word in an interview, I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."
Mayer used the word "N****r" when he was answering to a question about his acceptance among the Hip-Hop community. "Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?,' " Mayer told Playboy. "If you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass But I said, 'I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.' "
"It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it," Mayer continued tweeting, "because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged." The outspoken singer vowed to be more discreet the next time around, writing "And while I'm using today for looking at myself under harsh light, I think it's time to stop trying to be so raw in interviews."
Mayer however, did not make a comment on another answer in the interview where he addressed his sex life with former girlfriend Jessica Simpson. "Sexually it was crazy. That's all I'll say. It was like napalm, sexual napalm," he said.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video