'Spider-Man' Reboot Will Come July 2012 in 3-D
Spider-Man will spin his web in 3-D theaters. On Wednesday, February 10, Sony announced that their upcoming film, untitled Spider-Man reboot, will get 3-D treatment. " 'Spider-Man' is the ultimate summer movie-going experience, and we're thrilled the filmmakers are presenting the next installment in 3-D," Jeff Blake, chairman of Sony Pictures worldwide marketing and distribution, said in the statement.
Additionally, Sony has set release date for this upcoming "Spider-Man" film, planning to let it hit U.S. theaters on July 3, 2012. "Spider-Man is one of the most popular characters in the world, and we know audiences are eager and excited to discover Marc's fantastic vision for Peter Parker and the franchise," Blake further stated about the movie.
"Spider-Man" reboot is planned to start shooting late this year with Marc Webb slated to serve behind the lens. James Vanderbilt will provide the script and the story will follow Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker during his high school age. No actor has been tapped to take the lead role, while "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" actor Logan Lerman has previously expressed his interest to play the superhero character.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance