'Friday Night Lights' Wraps Up in Season 5
"Friday Night Lights" may have one more season left on TV. Multiple sources confirmed to EW that the fifth season would be the last of the series but NBC said nothing has been officially decided. The producers have reportedly started telling the cast to be open to other job opportunities so that when the fifth season's production wraps up, they would have had a new project.
The fourth season had its finale on Wednesday, February 10 on DirectTV's 101 Network but it will only debut on NBC this April. Should the report is true, then DirectTV will launch the final season this Fall and NBC will have it starting early next year. Meanwhile, production of season 5 is expected to finish in either June or July, thus the cast are free to pursue pilots that will air in Fall.
Although "Friday Night Lights" would have its last season, Taylor Kitsch will not take part in it. Last month, Exec Producer Jason Katims said the depicter of Tim Riggins did not extend his contract because he was concentrating on feature films. The actor who plays Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was busy shooting "John Carter of Mars".
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role