'Friday Night Lights' Wraps Up in Season 5
"Friday Night Lights" may have one more season left on TV. Multiple sources confirmed to EW that the fifth season would be the last of the series but NBC said nothing has been officially decided. The producers have reportedly started telling the cast to be open to other job opportunities so that when the fifth season's production wraps up, they would have had a new project.
The fourth season had its finale on Wednesday, February 10 on DirectTV's 101 Network but it will only debut on NBC this April. Should the report is true, then DirectTV will launch the final season this Fall and NBC will have it starting early next year. Meanwhile, production of season 5 is expected to finish in either June or July, thus the cast are free to pursue pilots that will air in Fall.
Although "Friday Night Lights" would have its last season, Taylor Kitsch will not take part in it. Last month, Exec Producer Jason Katims said the depicter of Tim Riggins did not extend his contract because he was concentrating on feature films. The actor who plays Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was busy shooting "John Carter of Mars".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special