'Friday Night Lights' Wraps Up in Season 5
"Friday Night Lights" may have one more season left on TV. Multiple sources confirmed to EW that the fifth season would be the last of the series but NBC said nothing has been officially decided. The producers have reportedly started telling the cast to be open to other job opportunities so that when the fifth season's production wraps up, they would have had a new project.
The fourth season had its finale on Wednesday, February 10 on DirectTV's 101 Network but it will only debut on NBC this April. Should the report is true, then DirectTV will launch the final season this Fall and NBC will have it starting early next year. Meanwhile, production of season 5 is expected to finish in either June or July, thus the cast are free to pursue pilots that will air in Fall.
Although "Friday Night Lights" would have its last season, Taylor Kitsch will not take part in it. Last month, Exec Producer Jason Katims said the depicter of Tim Riggins did not extend his contract because he was concentrating on feature films. The actor who plays Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was busy shooting "John Carter of Mars".
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending