'Friday Night Lights' Wraps Up in Season 5
"Friday Night Lights" may have one more season left on TV. Multiple sources confirmed to EW that the fifth season would be the last of the series but NBC said nothing has been officially decided. The producers have reportedly started telling the cast to be open to other job opportunities so that when the fifth season's production wraps up, they would have had a new project.
The fourth season had its finale on Wednesday, February 10 on DirectTV's 101 Network but it will only debut on NBC this April. Should the report is true, then DirectTV will launch the final season this Fall and NBC will have it starting early next year. Meanwhile, production of season 5 is expected to finish in either June or July, thus the cast are free to pursue pilots that will air in Fall.
Although "Friday Night Lights" would have its last season, Taylor Kitsch will not take part in it. Last month, Exec Producer Jason Katims said the depicter of Tim Riggins did not extend his contract because he was concentrating on feature films. The actor who plays Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was busy shooting "John Carter of Mars".
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne