Penelope Cruz In Talks to Be 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Beauty
Though Keira Knightley has announced her departure from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp could have a new female companion on his cruise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Penelope Cruz has been in negotiation to star opposite Depp in the next installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.
Similar to the storyline of the film, the character that may be played by the 35-year-old beauty is still kept under wraps. However, it is believed that Cruz will be Captain Jack Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is expected to start principal photography in June in Hawaii for May 20, 2011 release date. Rob Marshall is set to direct while Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott have been hired to write the script. Johnny Depp will be seen reprising his role as Jack Sparrow, who reportedly will be in a quest to find the Fountain of Youth in the upcoming film.
Penelope Cruz, who gathered acclaim as a young actress for films such as "Jamon, jamon" and "The Girl of Your Dreams", was named Best Actress at 2009 BAFTA for her role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She is also known for her work in "Broken Embraces" in which she played Magdalena. Most recently, the Spanish actress appeared in Rob Marshall-directed musical film "Nine" and shot a cameo for "Sex and the City 2".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences