Penelope Cruz In Talks to Be 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Beauty
Though Keira Knightley has announced her departure from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp could have a new female companion on his cruise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Penelope Cruz has been in negotiation to star opposite Depp in the next installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.
Similar to the storyline of the film, the character that may be played by the 35-year-old beauty is still kept under wraps. However, it is believed that Cruz will be Captain Jack Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is expected to start principal photography in June in Hawaii for May 20, 2011 release date. Rob Marshall is set to direct while Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott have been hired to write the script. Johnny Depp will be seen reprising his role as Jack Sparrow, who reportedly will be in a quest to find the Fountain of Youth in the upcoming film.
Penelope Cruz, who gathered acclaim as a young actress for films such as "Jamon, jamon" and "The Girl of Your Dreams", was named Best Actress at 2009 BAFTA for her role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She is also known for her work in "Broken Embraces" in which she played Magdalena. Most recently, the Spanish actress appeared in Rob Marshall-directed musical film "Nine" and shot a cameo for "Sex and the City 2".
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra