Penelope Cruz In Talks to Be 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Beauty
Though Keira Knightley has announced her departure from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp could have a new female companion on his cruise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Penelope Cruz has been in negotiation to star opposite Depp in the next installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.
Similar to the storyline of the film, the character that may be played by the 35-year-old beauty is still kept under wraps. However, it is believed that Cruz will be Captain Jack Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is expected to start principal photography in June in Hawaii for May 20, 2011 release date. Rob Marshall is set to direct while Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott have been hired to write the script. Johnny Depp will be seen reprising his role as Jack Sparrow, who reportedly will be in a quest to find the Fountain of Youth in the upcoming film.
Penelope Cruz, who gathered acclaim as a young actress for films such as "Jamon, jamon" and "The Girl of Your Dreams", was named Best Actress at 2009 BAFTA for her role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She is also known for her work in "Broken Embraces" in which she played Magdalena. Most recently, the Spanish actress appeared in Rob Marshall-directed musical film "Nine" and shot a cameo for "Sex and the City 2".
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed