Emily Browning Is Sex Object in 'Sleeping Beauty'
Emily Browning will find herself trapped in sex trade in her upcoming movie. The Australian actress is set to tackle the lead role in "Sleeping Beauty", which will be directorial debut of Julia Leigh. Her role originally belonged to Mia Wasikowska, but the "Alice in Wonderland" beauty has decided to quit the upcoming project.
Though the title sounds like a Walt Disney's fairy tale, "Sleeping Beauty" is actually a haunting erotic story about "a student who drifts into prostitution and finds her niche as a woman who sleeps, drugged, in a 'Sleeping Beauty chamber' while men do to her what she can't remember the next morning." The film will start shooting in Australia in March, so The Playlist reported.
Emily Browning, who began her acting career when she was eight years old, is best known for her role as Violet Baudelaire in 2004 "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". She won the 2005 AFI International Award for Best Actress for her performance in the black comedy which also stars Jim Carrey. She can next be seen playing in Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch", in which she will share screen with Vanessa Hudgens.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics