Emily Browning Is Sex Object in 'Sleeping Beauty'
Emily Browning will find herself trapped in sex trade in her upcoming movie. The Australian actress is set to tackle the lead role in "Sleeping Beauty", which will be directorial debut of Julia Leigh. Her role originally belonged to Mia Wasikowska, but the "Alice in Wonderland" beauty has decided to quit the upcoming project.
Though the title sounds like a Walt Disney's fairy tale, "Sleeping Beauty" is actually a haunting erotic story about "a student who drifts into prostitution and finds her niche as a woman who sleeps, drugged, in a 'Sleeping Beauty chamber' while men do to her what she can't remember the next morning." The film will start shooting in Australia in March, so The Playlist reported.
Emily Browning, who began her acting career when she was eight years old, is best known for her role as Violet Baudelaire in 2004 "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". She won the 2005 AFI International Award for Best Actress for her performance in the black comedy which also stars Jim Carrey. She can next be seen playing in Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch", in which she will share screen with Vanessa Hudgens.
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'