'American Idol' Hollywood Round Part 1
A total of 95 people successfully went through in the first Hollywood Round on "American Idol". On Tuesday, February 9 night Ellen DeGeneres made her debut selecting those whom Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi, Randy Jackson and celebrity guest judges gave a second chance at the audition tour.
The 95 people chosen to enter the group round were selected from 181 hopefuls. They were grouped into eight and they got to choose to bring instrument or a capella. This bunch included Andrew Garcia, a father who wants to make a change for his son. Garcia brought a rendition of Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" with his guitar and amazed everybody in the theater. Kara called it "genius", saying that Paula would be clapping and shouting when she heard that rendition. He went through along with worship pastor Tasha Leighton.
The fallen ones included Vanessa Wolfe who butchered her rendition of "No Rain" because she could not control her nerve. Cornelius Edwards, known as the guy who ripped his pants during audition also stopped his journey then and there when he couldn't find the right key to sing his song choice.
Meanwhile, Janell Wheeler from Tampa, Florida had Ellen saying "amazing" when she finished a guitar-ridden version of Estelle's "American Boy". She was in the same group with rocker mom Mary Powers and young country girl Haeley Vaughn. Together they made it to the next round along with 45 others on Day 1.
The second day was kicked off with a bad beatboxing by Jay Stone and a compelling story from Michael Lynche. Shortly before he went up the stage, Michael was told by his wife that she was in labor. Announcing the good news on the stage, Michael belted out John Mayer's "Waiting for the World to Change". He went through along with sandwich maker Lilly Scott and Texan Tim Urban.
Meanwhile, "Barney" girl Erica Rhodes failed to make it, and so did sisters Bernadette and Amanda Disimone as well as Maddy Curtis who charmed the judges in Boston. Surprisingly, Casey James who took off his shirt for Kara and Victoria Adams made it to the next round after he sang Ray Charles' "I Don't Need No Doctor".
The last group displayed some real talents with the performances by Didi Benami and Crystal Bowersox. Both made it to the next round with the latter getting a standing ovation through a rock rendition of Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard