Dental Work Pushes Back Lil Wayne's Sentencing
Lil Wayne's teeth saved him another month off the prison. The rapper was slated to hear his sentencing this month but he got a month's reprieve after the Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Charles Solomon agreed to his lawyer Stacey Richman's request.
Richman stated during a brief court appearance on Tuesday, February 9 that Wayne needs to travel to Miami to go through several dental surgeries which are "medically necessary". The sentencing in the New York City gun case is now scheduled to take place March 2. Salomon said that the date would not be further postponed. "This is the last adjournment," he said.
Wayne, accompanied by his entourage and fellow rapper Birdman in the court session on Tuesday, did not say anything upon exit. Richman however said outside the court, "It is a medical situation that, like (it would for) any of us, has to be addressed," without specifying what kind of "situation" it is.
According to the defense attorney, Wayne planned to finish the dental work before Tuesday but his dentist had been out of the country. Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon has personally spoken to the dentist who was away for charitable work. Wayne is now scheduled to begin his treatment this Friday.
Pleading guilty to possession of a .40-caliber semi-automatic gun in his tour bus in October last year, Wayne is facing a possible one year behind the bars. With good behavior, the term can be shaved off to eight months.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son