Usher's New Girlfriend Rumored to Have Caused His Album Delay
Usher's romance with Grace Miguel reportedly has caused tension in his relationship with his manager mother Jonetta Patton. While the R&B singer claimed he would manage himself with help from Grace, his label said otherwise. Bosses in Jive Records are rumored to have pushed back his album for several times until he gets a new manager.
"She [Jonetta] walked away from the project because Usher had his girlfriend [and former Def Jam executive] Grace Miguel was all in the mix," a source told New York Daily News. "She felt as though if she didn't end things when she did, it would permanently affect their personal relationship."
Usher's sixth studio album, "Raymond vs. Raymond" is now due for March 30 U.S. release. There is a chance that it will be released under a partnership with Randy Phillips' AEG Live as the singer is rumored close to ink a deal with the company. The fact that Usher sat beside Randy during Clive Davis' pre-Grammys party has fueled the rumor.
More Usher News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences