Usher's New Girlfriend Rumored to Have Caused His Album Delay
Usher's romance with Grace Miguel reportedly has caused tension in his relationship with his manager mother Jonetta Patton. While the R&B singer claimed he would manage himself with help from Grace, his label said otherwise. Bosses in Jive Records are rumored to have pushed back his album for several times until he gets a new manager.
"She [Jonetta] walked away from the project because Usher had his girlfriend [and former Def Jam executive] Grace Miguel was all in the mix," a source told New York Daily News. "She felt as though if she didn't end things when she did, it would permanently affect their personal relationship."
Usher's sixth studio album, "Raymond vs. Raymond" is now due for March 30 U.S. release. There is a chance that it will be released under a partnership with Randy Phillips' AEG Live as the singer is rumored close to ink a deal with the company. The fact that Usher sat beside Randy during Clive Davis' pre-Grammys party has fueled the rumor.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake