Usher's New Girlfriend Rumored to Have Caused His Album Delay
Usher's romance with Grace Miguel reportedly has caused tension in his relationship with his manager mother Jonetta Patton. While the R&B singer claimed he would manage himself with help from Grace, his label said otherwise. Bosses in Jive Records are rumored to have pushed back his album for several times until he gets a new manager.
"She [Jonetta] walked away from the project because Usher had his girlfriend [and former Def Jam executive] Grace Miguel was all in the mix," a source told New York Daily News. "She felt as though if she didn't end things when she did, it would permanently affect their personal relationship."
Usher's sixth studio album, "Raymond vs. Raymond" is now due for March 30 U.S. release. There is a chance that it will be released under a partnership with Randy Phillips' AEG Live as the singer is rumored close to ink a deal with the company. The fact that Usher sat beside Randy during Clive Davis' pre-Grammys party has fueled the rumor.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny