Usher's New Girlfriend Rumored to Have Caused His Album Delay
Usher's romance with Grace Miguel reportedly has caused tension in his relationship with his manager mother Jonetta Patton. While the R&B singer claimed he would manage himself with help from Grace, his label said otherwise. Bosses in Jive Records are rumored to have pushed back his album for several times until he gets a new manager.
"She [Jonetta] walked away from the project because Usher had his girlfriend [and former Def Jam executive] Grace Miguel was all in the mix," a source told New York Daily News. "She felt as though if she didn't end things when she did, it would permanently affect their personal relationship."
Usher's sixth studio album, "Raymond vs. Raymond" is now due for March 30 U.S. release. There is a chance that it will be released under a partnership with Randy Phillips' AEG Live as the singer is rumored close to ink a deal with the company. The fact that Usher sat beside Randy during Clive Davis' pre-Grammys party has fueled the rumor.
More Usher News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding