Video Premiere: Wale's 'Pretty Girls'
Wale is joined by a lot of beautiful ladies and partying hard in Chris Robinson-directed music video for his single "Pretty Girls". His collaborator Gucci Mane doesn't make a cameo because he is currently serving behind the bars during the video shoot.
"Pretty Girls" comes from Wale's first studio album called "Attention: Deficit" and is recorded to pay homage to the go-go era in his hometown. He said, "Initially for the record, we wanted to show [Washington] D.C.'s music from a sonic standpoint, as well as have some fun. This was supposed to be my first single; it's actually my second single now. 'Chillin' was a global sound, now I wanna give you my regional sound. It's about having fun."
"I brought Gucci on the record because when I was growing up, Master P, Juvenile and a lot of these other Southern artists used to play with the go-go bands. It's almost trying to pay homage to that era, when I came up. Now you can even see Jim Jones or Shawty Lo perform with some of the go-go bands where I'm from."
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick