Video Premiere: Wale's 'Pretty Girls'
Wale is joined by a lot of beautiful ladies and partying hard in Chris Robinson-directed music video for his single "Pretty Girls". His collaborator Gucci Mane doesn't make a cameo because he is currently serving behind the bars during the video shoot.
"Pretty Girls" comes from Wale's first studio album called "Attention: Deficit" and is recorded to pay homage to the go-go era in his hometown. He said, "Initially for the record, we wanted to show [Washington] D.C.'s music from a sonic standpoint, as well as have some fun. This was supposed to be my first single; it's actually my second single now. 'Chillin' was a global sound, now I wanna give you my regional sound. It's about having fun."
"I brought Gucci on the record because when I was growing up, Master P, Juvenile and a lot of these other Southern artists used to play with the go-go bands. It's almost trying to pay homage to that era, when I came up. Now you can even see Jim Jones or Shawty Lo perform with some of the go-go bands where I'm from."
Wale's "Pretty Girls" music video
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army