Details on Taylor Swift's New Album, First Single to Arrive This Summer
Taylor Swift has started writing new songs for her next studio album. The first single from the forthcoming release is expected to be released in late summer or early fall with the album to follow later on.
"She was on an amazing writing spree through December and January, and we were able to go in and cut all those things," Big Machine Records executive Scott Borchetta told USA Today. "If she writes something great between now and July, it will go on the record. She's been extraordinarily prolific the last six months."
Taylor, who is currently in Australia for her "Fearless" tour, is expected to return to the U.S. in April for Academy of Country Music Awards despite the backlash she received across the nation post the Grammys. "The next time you see her will likely be on the ACM Awards show," Scott said. "During that time, we're going to have a new video, but as far as the talking head of Taylor Swift, that one's gone into hiding for a little bit, at least on this continent."
In response to people who claimed that Taylor "can't sing", Scott defended her, "She's a very intelligent girl. She's going to keep addressing it and keep getting better." He, moreover, praised her for daring not to make lip-sync performances like many artists do nowadays. "The fact that it's not perfect, in some ways, has been an asset," he gushed. "That makes it all the more believable, to a certain point."
Since pursuing a singing career in 2006, Taylor Swift has broken several U.S. records. One of them was for scoring 2009 best-selling album with more than 3.2 millions copies. Most recently, her new track from "Valentine's Day", "Today Was a Fairytale", became a song with the best download debut for any female act ever.
More Taylor Swift News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism