'The Bachelor': Ali Backs Out for Career
It was a hometown visit week on "The Bachelor" and one woman voluntarily left the show although her family loved Jake Pavelka. Ali, the 25-year-old advertising account manager from Williamstown, MA chose her career over Jake, leaving the show before the rose ceremony took place.
Ali first came to Jake's hotel room in Los Angeles, telling him that she had a difficult decision to make and was hoping that he would help her. "I can say we have something really special," Jake said to her. "Life is about minimizing your regrets. You just have to weigh which one is going to be a bigger regret. ...Selfishly, you know, I would say, you know, stay here and take a chance on me. But, I can't, right now, guarantee you I'm going to put a ring on your finger."
Ali, teary-eyed, said that she would reveal her decision during the rose ceremony. But before it happened, she met host Chris Harrison, asking permission to speak to Jake. She said to the bachelor, "There's so many what ifs and maybes. The fact of the matter is there's still three other girls downstairs. If you were mine that choice would be easy." Jake replied, "I don't want you to go. If you choose to leave, I'll be devastated." Then there was a moment when Ali muttered "I love you" but Jake did not return it.
Later, Ali said, "I have to go. I'm so, so sorry." Jake then escorted her to the limo and said his final words to her, "I feel like you're slipping right through my fingers, and I don't know how to stop you." Inside the limo, Ali cried and said, "I don't know if I've made the right choice. What have I done?"
Similarly, Jake took a moment to cry on the stairway. "It hurts like crazy that Ali is gone. I didn't expect to come all this way to get my heart broken again," he said. Then he got back inside the hotel to find Gia, Tenley and Vienna waiting. "I realize that I have three amazing women, and I'm really excited to continue this journey with them," he concluded.
Overall after the hometown visits, Jake said about Gia, "Today I feel like I got to see the real Gia. I love it so much when she lets me in because it's like oh my gosh, I love this girl. I love this girl." And he asked permission from Tenley's dad whether he could marry his daughter while "falling for Vienna" with a feeling which is "so real".
In the preview of next week's episode, the three remaining women will visit St. Lucia and Jake will receive a call from Ali.
More The Bachelor News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'