Brangelina Sues Tabloid, Divorce Lawyer Denies Participation
Angelina Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt traced back the origin of their break-up report, filing a lawsuit once they have found out. U.K.'s News of the World is the subject of a legal action after it published a story about the power couple's split last month. The tabloid said that Brangelina was working on separation details such as splitting their assets for their six children.
"The News of the World has failed to meet our clients' reasonable demands for a retraction of and apology for these false and intrusive allegations which have now been widely republished by mainstream news outlets," Keith Schilling, a lawyer working for the couple in London said in a statement. "We have advised them to bring proceedings, which they have now done."
Sorrell Trope, the divorce attorney who was mentioned in the split article also stated in a letter that he was in no way associated with the couple. "I have had no contact from... Angelina Jolie and / or Brad Pitt," said Trope. "I have never met... your clients or had any involvement with either of them. The foregoing is true with respect to all other members of this firm."
Hayley Barlow, a spokeswoman for the News of the World, has not given a comment on the lawsuit.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert