'Saw VII' Is the End of the Franchise
While there were talks that there will be at least eight "Saw" films, Patrick Melton believes the franchise will meet its end soon. Speaking to Matt Horn and David Murphy from U.K. radio show Demon FM, the screenwriter of "Saw IV", "Saw V", "Saw VI" and "Saw VII" says the upcoming seventh movie will mark the end of the franchise.
"I think it's going to end with 'Saw VII'. I have a very strong feeling its going to end with 'Saw VII'. That's something we're debating now," Melton states. He later reveals that the upcoming sequel will be known as "Endgame", saying "I don't own the franchise, nor do I run the studio, but I have a feeling, a strong feeling that it's going to be 'Saw VII' which will be also known as 'Endgame'. And nothing's official yet, but that's where we're hoping things will go."
Speaking of the reason why "Saw" will be ended, the screenwriter admits that the latest film did not perform well on the box office. "You saw in previous interviews or discussions where we thought 'Saw VIII' would be the last one where we had the first trilogy and the second trilogy and then sort of a grand finale wrapped up in two films," he explains. "But frankly because 'Saw VI' hasn't performed as well as we anticipated, the idea is well why make two movies when we can make one really excellent movie that wraps up as best we can?"
Asked about rumor that "Saw" will be rebooted, Melton doubts that, saying "I've never heard that." He then insisted, "I don't think so, no. Ya know maybe, ha, maybe ten years from now. Ah, but I don't think so. At this point everyone is very focused on making 'Saw VII' and seeing if we can make this sort of the grand finale."
"Saw VII", which Patrick Melton said will made into 3-D film, has started production on Monday, February 8. This seventh installment of the horror franchise will see Tobin Bell returning to reprise his role as serial killer John Kramer, known as Jigsaw. Directed by Kevin Greutert, the forthcoming thriller eyes October 22 release in the U.S.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars