Autopsy: Michael Jackson Died Out of Propofol Intoxication
As Dr. Conrad Murray pleads not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, the autopsy report of Michael Jackson was released. The Los Angeles Coroner ruled that the King of Pop had died due to "acute propofol intoxication". Propofol is identified as a powerful anesthetic that is usually given to a patient before a major surgery.
In a 51-page report released on Monday, February 8, Los Angeles County coroner office confirmed that the drug was administered by another person and that it did not meet the medical standards. "The standard of care for administering Propofol was not met...Recommended equipment for patient monitoring, precision dosing and resuscitation was not present," the report stated.
Murray who has been formally charged with involuntary manslaughter also on Monday, said previously he gave Michael the anesthetic in order to help him sleep. However, anesthesiology consultant Selma Calmes wrote in a report, "There are NO reports of [propofol's] use for insomnia relief, to my knowledge. The only reports of its use in homes are cases of fatal abuse (first reported in 1992), suicide, murder and accident."
The autopsy report at the same time also sets straight once and for all that Michael indeed suffered from the skin disease vitiligo that caused discoloration of his dark skin. The examiner noted, "overall skin [had] patches of light and dark pigmented area."
On February 4, talks between his lawyer and the prosecutors came to a conclusion from the latter that Murray "unlawfully and without malice" killed Jackson "without due caution and circumspection". The doctor has been told by the judge to stop prescribing anesthetic for foreseeable future.
More Michael Jackson News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked