Autopsy: Michael Jackson Died Out of Propofol Intoxication
As Dr. Conrad Murray pleads not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, the autopsy report of Michael Jackson was released. The Los Angeles Coroner ruled that the King of Pop had died due to "acute propofol intoxication". Propofol is identified as a powerful anesthetic that is usually given to a patient before a major surgery.
In a 51-page report released on Monday, February 8, Los Angeles County coroner office confirmed that the drug was administered by another person and that it did not meet the medical standards. "The standard of care for administering Propofol was not met...Recommended equipment for patient monitoring, precision dosing and resuscitation was not present," the report stated.
Murray who has been formally charged with involuntary manslaughter also on Monday, said previously he gave Michael the anesthetic in order to help him sleep. However, anesthesiology consultant Selma Calmes wrote in a report, "There are NO reports of [propofol's] use for insomnia relief, to my knowledge. The only reports of its use in homes are cases of fatal abuse (first reported in 1992), suicide, murder and accident."
The autopsy report at the same time also sets straight once and for all that Michael indeed suffered from the skin disease vitiligo that caused discoloration of his dark skin. The examiner noted, "overall skin [had] patches of light and dark pigmented area."
On February 4, talks between his lawyer and the prosecutors came to a conclusion from the latter that Murray "unlawfully and without malice" killed Jackson "without due caution and circumspection". The doctor has been told by the judge to stop prescribing anesthetic for foreseeable future.
More Michael Jackson News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'