David Letterman, Oprah Winfrey and Jay Leno Have an 'Awkward' Moment on Super Bowl
One of this year's surprises at the Super Bowl XLIV is when David Letterman, Oprah Winfrey and Jay Leno appear together for a promo ad of David's late night show. Oprah is seen sitting on the couch between David and Jay, watching the show on TV.
The clip kicks off with David complaining about the game saying, "This is the worst Super Bowl party ever." Oprah is quick to respond to his rant, "Now, Dave, be nice." David then replied, "He's just saying that because I'm here." In return, David mocks Jay, making Oprah to roll her eyes, sigh and throw up her hands in frustration.
The whole thing is David's idea with Oprah and Jay are willing to participate. The spot was filmed at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City on the heels of drama between Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien over the "Tonight Show" slot which put Jay on the villain side and made David criticize him.
Though it leads to speculation that it's an effort to put the drama behind, executive producer of "Late Show with David Letterman", Rob Burnett, insisted the initial idea is just for entertainment. "This wasn't done to help Dave or to help Jay," he said. "Though I think it does help both of them. It was just done because Dave thought it would be funny and would entertain people. Nothing went beyond that."
Despite the fact that the three are shot sitting uncomfortably next to each other on the clip, Burnett said they get along during the filming. "Dave and Jay were very professional and cordial and friendly with each other," he confessed. "And Oprah, in addition to her many talents, is a wonderful comedienne."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes