Jessica Biel Is The A-Team's Chief Nemesis
Billed to play Lt. Sosa, Jessica Biel is the only woman cast among the lead actors in "The A-Team". While she has a small portion in the first trailer for the film, director Joe Carnahan recently sat down with MTV to talk about her character, who will bring a threat to the four United States soldiers.
"Jessie, she's a captain with DCIS, which is the Defense Criminal Investigative Service," Carnahan began to explain about Biel's character, who has an uncomfortable dating history with Bradley Cooper's Faceman. "They're basically the department of the defense, and she supersedes [military officials] - if she goes on a base, it doesn't matter if you're a general, she can supplant you."
As for whether Biel is on The A-Team's side or not, the filmmaker said, "She's not really [on their side]; she's kind of their chief pursuer." He then went on adding, "And some things happen, and then some plot twists and character revelations, and things go a different way. But, she is their nemesis."
Later, Carnahan related Biel's character to Cooper's, stating "She's kind of the chief nemesis, because of her relationship with Bradley's character. [The A-Team] are invariably always up to no good; they're renegades, and she believes people like this need to be policed and shut down."
During the chat with MTV, Carnahan also affirmed that Biel's job in the film is not only to show up and look hot, saying "She's not wallpaper. In the same way as Bradley, Jessie got really good with the weapon training. She and I had conversation after conversation: 'You can't just be this female testosterone component.' "
"The A-Team" follows a group of Iraq veterans who is sentenced to prison for a crime they did not commit. Managing to escape from a maximum security facility, they are still wanted by the U.S. military after a year passed. The film will feature their adventures which combine helping the innocent while running from the law.
In addition to Jessica Biel and Bradley Cooper, there will be Liam Neeson starring as Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith, Sharlto Copley portraying Capt. 'Howling Mad' Murdock and Quinton Jackson playing Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus in the movie. This action adventure film will be released in the U.S. on June 11.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist