Jessica Biel Is The A-Team's Chief Nemesis
Billed to play Lt. Sosa, Jessica Biel is the only woman cast among the lead actors in "The A-Team". While she has a small portion in the first trailer for the film, director Joe Carnahan recently sat down with MTV to talk about her character, who will bring a threat to the four United States soldiers.
"Jessie, she's a captain with DCIS, which is the Defense Criminal Investigative Service," Carnahan began to explain about Biel's character, who has an uncomfortable dating history with Bradley Cooper's Faceman. "They're basically the department of the defense, and she supersedes [military officials] - if she goes on a base, it doesn't matter if you're a general, she can supplant you."
As for whether Biel is on The A-Team's side or not, the filmmaker said, "She's not really [on their side]; she's kind of their chief pursuer." He then went on adding, "And some things happen, and then some plot twists and character revelations, and things go a different way. But, she is their nemesis."
Later, Carnahan related Biel's character to Cooper's, stating "She's kind of the chief nemesis, because of her relationship with Bradley's character. [The A-Team] are invariably always up to no good; they're renegades, and she believes people like this need to be policed and shut down."
During the chat with MTV, Carnahan also affirmed that Biel's job in the film is not only to show up and look hot, saying "She's not wallpaper. In the same way as Bradley, Jessie got really good with the weapon training. She and I had conversation after conversation: 'You can't just be this female testosterone component.' "
"The A-Team" follows a group of Iraq veterans who is sentenced to prison for a crime they did not commit. Managing to escape from a maximum security facility, they are still wanted by the U.S. military after a year passed. The film will feature their adventures which combine helping the innocent while running from the law.
In addition to Jessica Biel and Bradley Cooper, there will be Liam Neeson starring as Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith, Sharlto Copley portraying Capt. 'Howling Mad' Murdock and Quinton Jackson playing Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus in the movie. This action adventure film will be released in the U.S. on June 11.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors