Carrie Underwood Set to Sing at 2010 CMA Awards
Carrie Underwood is the first musical act confirmed for the 45th Annual Country Music Awards. Announcing the news is the "American Idol" singer herself by calling a 15-year-old fan named Riley Ahlstrand who lives in Brentwood, Tennessee.
The teenager had e-mailed the CMA organizers and requested for Carrie's performance at the event. "I always look forward to the excitement of CMA Music Festival," the country music singer said after the phone call. "It's fans like Riley that make the week so much fun."
This year, CMA Awards will take place on April 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with Reba McEntire taking the mic as a host. Early nominees of the awards show are Luke Bryan, Jamey Johnson and Chris Young who face off against each other for Top New Solo Vocalist. Joey and Rory are nominated in Top New Vocal Duo, competing against Bomshel and Steel Magnolia. Meanwhile, Eli Young Band are set to battle against Gloriana and The Lost Trailers for Top New Vocal Group.
One day after the awards show is wrapped, an all-star tribute concert will be conducted at the same venue. Country music duo Brooks & Dunn are going to be handed the Academy of Country Music's Milestone Award during the special gig dubbed "ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn -- the Last Rodeo". Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban are booked to sing at the tribute concert.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce