Carrie Underwood Set to Sing at 2010 CMA Awards
Carrie Underwood is the first musical act confirmed for the 45th Annual Country Music Awards. Announcing the news is the "American Idol" singer herself by calling a 15-year-old fan named Riley Ahlstrand who lives in Brentwood, Tennessee.
The teenager had e-mailed the CMA organizers and requested for Carrie's performance at the event. "I always look forward to the excitement of CMA Music Festival," the country music singer said after the phone call. "It's fans like Riley that make the week so much fun."
This year, CMA Awards will take place on April 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with Reba McEntire taking the mic as a host. Early nominees of the awards show are Luke Bryan, Jamey Johnson and Chris Young who face off against each other for Top New Solo Vocalist. Joey and Rory are nominated in Top New Vocal Duo, competing against Bomshel and Steel Magnolia. Meanwhile, Eli Young Band are set to battle against Gloriana and The Lost Trailers for Top New Vocal Group.
One day after the awards show is wrapped, an all-star tribute concert will be conducted at the same venue. Country music duo Brooks & Dunn are going to be handed the Academy of Country Music's Milestone Award during the special gig dubbed "ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn -- the Last Rodeo". Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban are booked to sing at the tribute concert.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom