Taylor Lautner Is Stretch Armstrong
Taylor Lautner continues making money by landing a new job. After being tapped to star in Paramount Pictures' "Max Steel", the 17-year-old actor has signed deal with Universal Pictures to play in "Stretch Armstrong", a movie adaptation of Hasbro toy of the same name, the studio's Chairman Adam Fogelson and Co-Chairman Donna Langley confirmed to Deadline Hollywood.
"In the past two years, Taylor has emerged as a real star at the global box office. He brings the perfect balance of energy and athleticism to the role of an unlikely super hero with a fantastic super power," Langley said on Lautner's involvement in the upcoming project. "We couldn't be more pleased that he has agreed to be our Stretch."
Universal has now eyed March 2012 release for "Stretch Armstrong" to "allot time to shape the project into a 3-D superhero adventure and to accommodate Lautner's existing commitments." Brian Grazer along with Hasbro will produce, while Steve Oedekerk has written the screenplay.
Gaining sudden rise of fame after portraying Jacob Black in "Twilight", Taylor Lautner can be next seen starring in comedy romance "Valentine's Day", which will hit U.S. theaters on February 12. Beside "Max Steel", he is slated to take the lead roles in Summit Entertainment's action movie "Cancun" and Paramount Pictures' action adventure "Northern Lights (2010)".
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer