Taylor Lautner Is Stretch Armstrong
Taylor Lautner continues making money by landing a new job. After being tapped to star in Paramount Pictures' "Max Steel", the 17-year-old actor has signed deal with Universal Pictures to play in "Stretch Armstrong", a movie adaptation of Hasbro toy of the same name, the studio's Chairman Adam Fogelson and Co-Chairman Donna Langley confirmed to Deadline Hollywood.
"In the past two years, Taylor has emerged as a real star at the global box office. He brings the perfect balance of energy and athleticism to the role of an unlikely super hero with a fantastic super power," Langley said on Lautner's involvement in the upcoming project. "We couldn't be more pleased that he has agreed to be our Stretch."
Universal has now eyed March 2012 release for "Stretch Armstrong" to "allot time to shape the project into a 3-D superhero adventure and to accommodate Lautner's existing commitments." Brian Grazer along with Hasbro will produce, while Steve Oedekerk has written the screenplay.
Gaining sudden rise of fame after portraying Jacob Black in "Twilight", Taylor Lautner can be next seen starring in comedy romance "Valentine's Day", which will hit U.S. theaters on February 12. Beside "Max Steel", he is slated to take the lead roles in Summit Entertainment's action movie "Cancun" and Paramount Pictures' action adventure "Northern Lights (2010)".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart