Chris Meloni to Quit 'Law and Order: SVU' After 12 Years
There's a word in the air that Christopher Meloni is leaving "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" after more than a decade playing Detective Elliot Stabler. An Australian paper, Courier-Mail reported that Meloni will take his final bow in the 12th season which production begins later this year and which episodes will run through Spring 2011.
"I think 12 years is enough, a good number," the actor is quoted as telling the paper. As for how his exit story will go, Meloni admits he has doubts whether they would keep the character alive or dead. "The writers will have fertile ground to figure out how to arc [Elliot] out to another place - whether it's this world or the next," he says.
Meloni's post-"SVU" plans include engaging in theater work and doing "guerilla-style sleeper" movies. "It will be a very difficult transition," he figures. "I mean, Jesus Christ, every day when you get used to getting up early and working these hours."
Courier-Mail also hooked up Meloni's co-star Mariska Hargitay in a question, asking her what she would do when Meloni is out of the picture. Speaking about her character Detective Olivia Benson, she says, "I don't think she could be without him. She loves him, he's her other half."
NBC has not made a comment regarding the report.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?